Bret Bielema & Weird Recruiting Story ? ?

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
TL;DR, Bert is recruiting a kid who is also being recruited by Ohio St. So Bert himself calls the Ohio St. coaches to cancel the kids scheduled official visit to Ohio St. Kid picks Ohio St.

After taking his official visit to Arkansas, Hill was scheduled to visit Ohio State officially leading up to National Signing Day. The week of the visit, Smith claims Bielema tried to cancel Hill’s visit without his knowledge.

“K.J. Hill is coming for an official visit. It’s the Monday before his official visit starts that Friday. (Former Ohio State assistant) Chris Ash comes into my office and says, ‘Hey, listen to this. This is bizarre.’ He has a voicemail from Bret Bielema saying, ‘Hey Chris, Bret. Just wanted to let you know that K.J. is going to cancel his official this weekend. I just wanted to apologize but he’s not going to come.’

“I remember Chris looked at me and I looked at him and we were both puzzled. I’d never heard of that. Kids cancel visits all of the time, but the head coach of the school that’s recruiting [against] you calls?”

Normally I'd not belive anything Zack Smith says but ...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

Top Bottom