Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default Gophers receive commitment from 2019 guard Bryan Greenlee

Wow was not expecting this. To be honest, I had not even heard of him until the commitment. He had an offer from Iowa per Marcus Fuller. Regardless, welcome aboard! He fills a position of need and can come in and prove his worth!

As far as I can tell, he will be eligible to enroll immediately and should join the team in the next couple of weeks if not sooner.
    Last edited by Frank Grimey Grimes; 06-13-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Bryan is 6'3 and had offers from Iowa, Arkansas State, Boston University, Moorhead State, Western Michigan, FAU and Columbia amongst others.

https://247sports.com/player/bryan-greenlee-46057830/

This one makes me a little nervous. I was hoping for a grad transfer or two. I will hope for the best though.

Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    This one makes me a little nervous. I was hoping for a grad transfer or two. I will hope for the best though.
    Agreed

This is bizarre. His name hasn't been mentioned once in connection with us, nor has he been to campus from everything I can tell. And that offer list is not exactly inspiring.

Would've much preferred a grad transfer like everyone else. That said, pickings were getting slim and we needed another ball handler/body in here for 19/20. Hopefully Greenlee proves his worth as a sleeper prospect. If not...none of us should be shocked if this doesn't work out.

Wow, very unexpected.

Hopefully we can still add either Woolridge or Scanlon.

Apparently Greenlee didn't even visit and when they offered him a scholarship over the phone today he committed immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Apparently Greenlee didn't even visit and when they offered him a scholarship over the phone today he committed immediately.
    Must have REALLY not wanted to go to Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by SixBySix View Post
    Must have REALLY not wanted to go to Iowa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post
    This is bizarre. His name hasn't been mentioned once in connection with us, nor has he been to campus from everything I can tell. And that offer list is not exactly inspiring.

Would've much preferred a grad transfer like everyone else. That said, pickings were getting slim and we needed another ball handler/body in here for 19/20. Hopefully Greenlee proves his worth as a sleeper prospect. If not...none of us should be shocked if this doesn't work out.
    Brock Stull was pretty good.
    I'd rather have someone to develop.

Iowa offer is interesting. Columbia offer tells he he's smart, 6'3" plays PG can do alot worst with your 12th roster spot. I remember this staff Being very upfront with Gilbert that he had two years to make something of himself a few years back, wonder if this is a similar situation

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Well...hmmm. Kind of like a gulp of room temperature tap water.

I'm happy to give a guy a shot. If he is here a couple years and doesn't develop, maybe he transfers. At least we are using the scholarship.

Proven winner - 2 state championships. That was part of UVA's formula for success, right?