Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 176

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Savage, MN
    Posts
    780

    Default Gophers receive commitment from 2019 guard Bryan Greenlee

    Wow was not expecting this. To be honest, I had not even heard of him until the commitment. He had an offer from Iowa per Marcus Fuller. Regardless, welcome aboard! He fills a position of need and can come in and prove his worth!




    As far as I can tell, he will be eligible to enroll immediately and should join the team in the next couple of weeks if not sooner.
    Last edited by Frank Grimey Grimes; 06-13-2019 at 07:01 PM.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Savage, MN
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Bryan is 6'3 and had offers from Iowa, Arkansas State, Boston University, Moorhead State, Western Michigan, FAU and Columbia amongst others.

    https://247sports.com/player/bryan-greenlee-46057830/

  3. #3

    Default

    This one makes me a little nervous. I was hoping for a grad transfer or two. I will hope for the best though.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Savage, MN
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    This one makes me a little nervous. I was hoping for a grad transfer or two. I will hope for the best though.
    Agreed

  5. #5

    Default

    ...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35,178
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mkAz View Post
    This one makes me a little nervous. I was hoping for a grad transfer or two. I will hope for the best though.

    Based on his highlights, doesn't seem like much of an outside shooter. But perhaps a good back-up PG.

    I'm hoping for Sr. level Maverick Ahanmisi but for 4 years instead of 1.
    Last edited by howeda7; 06-14-2019 at 11:20 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Columbia Heights
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Based on his highlights, doesn't seem like much of an outside shooter. But perhaps a good back-up PG.

    I'm hoping for Sr. level Maverick Ahanmisi but for 4 years instead of 1.
    I watched a highlight video of his junior season and he did knock down a number of outside shots in which he looked very comfortable. Clearly doesn't show the misses, but seems competent at least from outside when open. Definitely not an immediate impact player as many have said, but would be nice to have the backup pg slot locked down for a couple years.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherBlood666 View Post
    I watched a highlight video of his junior season and he did knock down a number of outside shots in which he looked very comfortable. Clearly doesn't show the misses, but seems competent at least from outside when open. Definitely not an immediate impact player as many have said, but would be nice to have the backup pg slot locked down for a couple years.
    Yeah I think I watched that same video and it made it look like outside shooting was his biggest strength. The disparity between the two videos is a good example of how misleading highlights are.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mendota Heights, MN
    Posts
    3,012

    Default

    This is bizarre. His name hasn't been mentioned once in connection with us, nor has he been to campus from everything I can tell. And that offer list is not exactly inspiring.

    Would've much preferred a grad transfer like everyone else. That said, pickings were getting slim and we needed another ball handler/body in here for 19/20. Hopefully Greenlee proves his worth as a sleeper prospect. If not...none of us should be shocked if this doesn't work out.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Gopher View Post
    This is bizarre. His name hasn't been mentioned once in connection with us, nor has he been to campus from everything I can tell. And that offer list is not exactly inspiring.

    Would've much preferred a grad transfer like everyone else. That said, pickings were getting slim and we needed another ball handler/body in here for 19/20. Hopefully Greenlee proves his worth as a sleeper prospect. If not...none of us should be shocked if this doesn't work out.
    Brock Stull was pretty good.
    I'd rather have someone to develop.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Deuce View Post
    Brock Stull was pretty good.
    I'd rather have someone to develop.
    And Brock's scholarship is back open.

  12. #12

    Default

    Wow, very unexpected.

    Hopefully we can still add either Woolridge or Scanlon.

  13. #13

    Default

    Apparently Greenlee didn't even visit and when they offered him a scholarship over the phone today he committed immediately.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Apparently Greenlee didn't even visit and when they offered him a scholarship over the phone today he committed immediately.
    Must have REALLY not wanted to go to Iowa.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixBySix View Post
    Must have REALLY not wanted to go to Iowa.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •