Marcus: Practice started Tuesday with great effort and attitude

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Great to hear! Hopefully, Ihnen gets the green light very soon to arrive and we add an impact eligble transfer soon as well.

I'm shocked to hear that practice is off to a great start. what else do you expect to hear? "Practice was a complete mess. this could be a disaster......"

If I had a buck for every coach who told me that their team looked good in practice, I'd already be retired.

I'm shocked to hear that practice is off to a great start. what else do you expect to hear? "Practice was a complete mess. this could be a disaster......"

If I had a buck for every coach who told me that their team looked good in practice, I'd already be retired.

On Friday it's always "We had a great week of practice." Occasionally on a Monday after a loss you'll get a "we didn't practice well I could see this coming."

I've been covering local high school and college sports for 40 years. If I had a buck for every coach that told me their team looked good in practice, I'd probably have around 22-30 dollars. You must know a lot more coaches than me. If I had a buck for every time a coach told me their team looked good in practice, I'd probably be up to 1,000-1,500 or so dollars. The coaches you know must repeat themselves a lot. Or, you're very frugal and need a lot less to retire than I do. :)

And, if I need to interpret my “great to hear” ... It was thank you to Bleed for posting and to Marcus for keeping Gophers basketball in the news.

I've been covering local high school and college sports for 40 years. If I had a buck for every coach that told me their team looked good in practice, I'd probably have around 22-30 dollars. You must know a lot more coaches than me. If I had a buck for every time a coach told me their team looked good in practice, I'd probably be up to 1,000-1,500 or so dollars. The coaches you know must repeat themselves a lot. Or, you're very frugal and need a lot less to retire than I do. :)
I take it you're no fan of hyperbole. [emoji3166]

I take it you're no fan of hyperbole. [emoji3166]

I guess not. I think hanging around coaches for all this time gives me the same attitude about hyperbole that most coaches have. Hurts more than it helps in almost all situations.

I guess not. I think hanging around coaches for all this time gives me the same attitude about hyperbole that most coaches have. Hurts more than it helps in almost all situations.
Tell that to PJ Fleck...

Here's one for you....

You do know that the comments came from Marcus and not the coach, right? Would you rather not have any news at all?

You do know that the comments came from Marcus and not the coach, right? Would you rather not have any news at all?
. Maybe what one bit of dream commentary would be: Pitino and the first practice: These guys So digust me, they are premadonas, selfish, self-centered, arrogant, look all the time at their stats, never believe in team play, I want to pull every scholarship and start over, but dam these jerks have some talent. I’ll just have to let them run the game by themselves and I hope that they will make me look good.

Last edited:

Top Bottom