Lets Go Blues!!!!

stocker08

Reaction score
Game seven. Up two going into the third period. Playing in Boston. You have to be rooting for the Blues here.

4 - zip now. Bruins scored. 4-1.

Way too late. The Blues are going to hoist the Cup!

Although I don't follow hockey much anymore, I grew up a Blues fan in St. Louis. It was a great game last night. I had a feeling when the Blues withstood that initial assault that they would strike back and win. A hot goaltender changes everything.

A great win on a number of levels. Good for St Louis, as it's been a long, long time for that hockey team. Good for the Western Conference, shut up those numbnuts from the east. And good for Boston LOSING. I think I heard yesterday afternoon that a Bruins win would be something like 13 championships for Boston/New England in the last 19 years. Ugghhh

Still just thankful those idiots from San Jose got knocked out. How much luck can one team be provided in one postseason? They were due to get heir hopes crushed.

Somebody on the Power Trip Morning Show (not one of the regulars) called the Blues losing game six at home and then winning game seven in Boston. Pretty bold prediction. But good for St. Louis. Never won a Stanley Cup game prior to this year. And they took the Cup with a rookie goaltender. Plus....beating the Bruins is icing on the cake. Boston dosen't need another championship. And Marchand may be the biggest piece of $hit in professional sports. I don't want him to win anything other than biggest doucebag.

The TV ratings for this series were the highest for the NHL in decades. Any thoughts on reasons why?

The TV ratings for this series were the highest for the NHL in decades. Any thoughts on reasons why?

Two strong hockey markets and no west coast starts. Hockey ratings in the US are not that strong and St. Louis brought a huge following. Combine with a NBA final of a west coast team and a Canadian team. Suspect the US ratings for the NBA final will be quite low.

Two strong hockey markets and no west coast starts. Hockey ratings in the US are not that strong and St. Louis brought a huge following. Combine with a NBA final of a west coast team and a Canadian team. Suspect the US ratings for the NBA final will be quite low.

The NBA is still much higher, but not by the same magnitude as normal. NBA Game 6: 4.9 Demo, 14 million viewers. NHL game 7: 2.7 Demo, just under 9 million viewers. In past years, the NHL almost never broke 2.0 and sometimes not 1.0 IIRC. For reference, the top non-sports programs rarely break 2.0 anymore.

Top Bottom