Preseason Final Four

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Barring any major offseason injuries, defections, or significant additions (Kerry Blackshear), I'm pretty well set on a preseason Final Four:

Kansas (recent Isaiah Moss & Jalen Wilson pickups are huge)

Maryland (senior & talented PG, lots of talent on the wing, rising Jalen Smith experience, Turge is due for a breakthrough)

Michigan State (deeper than snot & get Joshua Langford back, my pick to win it all)

Seton Hall (prefer to choose a team off the grid, Pirates are that sleeper team for me in 2019-20)

If Blackshear ends up at, say, Kentucky, I might have to boot someone.

Last edited:

Similar odds to choosing Powerball numbers...
I’ll go with:
Duke
Michigan State
Villanova
And Memphis is my sleeper pick.

Maryland and Kentucky are strong candidates.
Gophers need some divine intervention and they could be my from the weeds choice. Two more eligible quality roster additions, season long health, favorable seeding matchups in the tournament with some upset winning opponents.

Maryland will find away to eff it up. I agree with Sparty, I think Kentucky figures it out this year. Louisville and Kansas. If Memphis makes it I hope they bring the little Penny commercials back

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Duke
Louisville
Michigan St
Ohio St

Going to break the rules and provide a separate deep sleeper pick -- VCU.

Duke
MSU
Washington
Memphis

Washington and Memphis strike me as sleeper picks over the regular blue bloods after Duke and MSU. Especially since Kansas and Arizona will be on probation!

Barring any major offseason injuries, defections, or significant additions (Kerry Blackshear), I'm pretty well set on a preseason Final Four:

Kansas (recent Isaiah Moss & Jalen Wilson pickups are huge)

Maryland (senior & talented PG, lots of talent on the wing, rising Jalen Smith experience, Turge is due for a breakthrough)

Michigan State (deeper than snot & get Joshua Langford back, my pick to win it all)

Seton Hall (prefer to choose a team off the grid, Pirates are that sleeper team for me in 2019-20)

If Blackshear ends up at, say, Kentucky, I might have to boot someone.

I like that you have an "off the grid" pick in Seton Hall, should be interesting to watch. Two Big Ten teams would be great.

Not totally sold on Kansas as a Final Four team. They will be good, obviously, but a lot of turmoil around a team that was not great last year. They added a recruiting class a little below their usual standards.

Isaiah Moss is okay, but I'm not sure he's a big difference maker for a team bound for Atlanta. He was the fifth best player on a middling Big Ten team last year. He averaged 24 minutes and 9 points per game with very mediocre assist and turnover numbers.

Figured I'd finally chime in... given that I tied for 1st last year :).

Michigan St - If Langford can stay healthy, Izzo's best team top to bottom in the last decade.
Florida - If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on Blackshear winning SEC POY.
Oregon - What Dana Altman has done this offseason to reload has been amazing. So good in fact, it makes you wonder what's going on...
Maryland - Yeah yeah yeah, Mark Turgeon's teams usually disappoint. This team oozes talent though, and Cowan is the type of senior point guard you see leading a team deep in March.

Keep an eye on these teams (doesn't count, but for fun): VCU, Colorado, Utah State, and Davidson

I'm confused I don't see the gophers on any of these lists....

Gophers
MSU
Maryland
Purdue

Kentucky
OSU
Baylor
Maryland

Top Bottom