Most Popular Boys Name = Liam

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
How the hell did this happen?

Liam?

Oliver was #5.

What is going on with the American parents?

Liam Neeson is the coolest dude around. And Oliver Platt is #2 coolest dude.

Liam is short for William. Seems like that name has been timeless.

How the hell did this happen?

Liam?

Oliver was #5.

What is going on with the American parents?

My wife and I named our son Liam, he’s now three. What’s wrong with the name Liam? I love it and I’m glad we chose it.

My wife and I named our son Liam, he’s now three. What’s wrong with the name Liam? I love it and I’m glad we chose it.

I think it's more of a comment on what seems to be a heavy influx of English/Irish names. For whatever reason, I'd never even heard of the first name "Declan" until a couple of years ago. Now I see it everywhere.

I think it's more of a comment on what seems to be a heavy influx of English/Irish names. For whatever reason, I'd never even heard of the first name "Declan" until a couple of years ago. Now I see it everywhere.

That was the name of Richard Gere's character in "The Jackal"!! Damn good flick.

As we get further into the age where it's apparently not proper to be masculine or have masculine qualities or names, we'll see a lot more Jules, Sasha, Beryl, Asher, Riley, Liam, Sebastian, et al.

Naming your children with those kinds of names is often akin with having a Euro license plate on the front of your car just because you're driving a VW or BMW.

Ha! That's our son's name! You're right. I didn't know any American named Declan when we named our son, now I see it fairly often. My son is named after Elvis Costello, whose birth name is Declan McManus (but don't tell my wife that part). :cool:

That was the name of Richard Gere's character in "The Jackal"!! Damn good flick.

As we get further into the age where it's apparently not proper to be masculine or have masculine qualities or names, we'll see a lot more Jules, Sasha, Beryl, Asher, Riley, Liam, Sebastian, et al.

Naming your children with those kinds of names is often akin with having a Euro license plate on the front of your car just because you're driving a VW or BMW.

Maybe. But Jules Winnfield is one bad m***erf***er.

Walter: "I'm the cook. I'm the man who killed Gus Fring."
Declan: "Bull****. Cartel got Fring."
Walter: "You sure? That's right. Now. Say my name."
Declan: "Heisenberg."
Walter: "You're goddamn right."

It's interesting watching the trends in kid names. The Irish/Isles names are definately en vogue for boys with Liam, Ian, Declan, Aidan, Connor, et al. A few years back it was what I call the cowboy names: Wyatt, Dylan, Cody, Levi, Colton, et al. On the girl's side, if you looked at my daughters' class or soccer team, you'd think it was 1919, not 2019: Millie, Pearl, Georgia, Charlotte, Evelyn, Lucy, Vivian, Sadie, et al.

Are we done with the Presidential names yet?

Jackson, Lincoln, Reagan, etc?

Are we done with the Presidential names yet?

Jackson, Lincoln, Reagan, etc?

I think Jackson is still around. And Reagan seems to be a not terribly uncommon girls name.

And for the record....I think Liam is a good name. I've never heard of Declan before.....but I like that too.

Top Bottom