Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default All Things 2019 Women's World Cup Thread

USWNT wins 13-0 over Thailand

Alex Morgan with a solid 5 goals in the opener.

Go USA!!

Felt bad for Thailand.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Pretty damn arrogant to be showboating in a blowout of that magnitude. let's show a little class ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Pretty damn arrogant to be showboating in a blowout of that magnitude. let's show a little class ladies.
    Goal differential matters...
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Goal differential matters...
    Would be a valid counterpoint if I had said they should stop scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be a valid counterpoint if I had said they should stop scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you score a goal you can celebrate. Did any of them rip their shirts off or run around celebrating longer than a minute or 2? Some of those goals were historic and should have been celebrated. Morgan had 5 goals, that is insane! For others it was their first goal. And honestly the more time they spent "show boating" the less time they had to score more goals.. .

Edit: maybe you should point out specifically which instance/s you thought they show boated too much? I'm assuming you watched the game?
    Last edited by bottlebass; 06-12-2019 at 07:27 AM.
    Who hates iowa?

love morgan, love usa.

When you score a goal you can celebrate. Did any of them rip their shirts off or run around celebrating longer than a minute or 2? Some of those goals were historic and should have been celebrated. Morgan had 5 goals, that is insane! For others it was their first goal. And honestly the more time they spent "show boating" the less time they had to score more goals.. .

Edit: maybe you should point out specifically which instance/s you thought they show boated too much? I'm assuming you watched the game?
    I don't have a problem with people celebrating their first goal, even in a blowout. Rapinoe did a ridiculous celebration, I'm sure you can find it. It's funny, last night it was the top story on twitter moments, so I'm not alone. And predictably, most of the defenders were "you wouldn't say that about men!"

It's not really that impressive. Thailand is probably equal to a decent US college team.

I don't have a problem with people celebrating their first goal, even in a blowout. Rapinoe did a ridiculous celebration, I'm sure you can find it. It's funny, last night it was the top story on twitter moments, so I'm not alone. And predictably, most of the defenders were "you wouldn't say that about men!"

It's not really that impressive. Thailand is probably equal to a decent US college team.
    Yeah I figured it would be Rapinoe's celebration that you would cite. She ran from the goal to her teammates on the sideline, did a spin and a leg kick got hugs then went back to playing. It took very little time. Honestly less of a celebration than a player running to a corner flag, doing a dance and having all the teammates run to them which is pretty common. There were a lot of people calling their celebrations ridiculous last night, did you notice a lot of them were previous players for teams like Canada? They seem jealous to me. There were plenty of people defending their celebrations too.

And it was Rapinoe's first goal so I'm sure she was excited.

And yes it was impressive. They set/tied all kinds of records. Thailand still made the world cup, are they on the same level as USA and France? No, but they were still good enough to make the world cup.
    Who hates iowa?

Yeah I figured it would be Rapinoe's celebration that you would cite. She ran from the goal to her teammates on the sideline, did a spin and a leg kick got hugs then went back to playing. It took very little time. Honestly less of a celebration than a player running to a corner flag, doing a dance and having all the teammates run to them which is pretty common. There were a lot of people calling their celebrations ridiculous last night, did you notice a lot of them were previous players for teams like Canada? They seem jealous to me. There were plenty of people defending their celebrations too.

And it was Rapinoe's first goal so I'm sure she was excited.

And yes it was impressive. They set/tied all kinds of records. Thailand still made the world cup, are they on the same level as USA and France? No, but they were still good enough to make the world cup.
    Yeah, I watched it. I thought it was classless. Whatever.

Yeah, I watched it. I thought it was classless. Whatever.
    You got to watch history! Wish you would have enjoyed it... You should look up what Alex Morgan said today about the celebrations. Not only because I agree with her and how she defended it but also because she is... well.. easy on the eyes....
    Who hates iowa?

You got to watch history! Wish you would have enjoyed it... You should look up what Alex Morgan said today about the celebrations. Not only because I agree with her and how she defended it but also because she is... well.. easy on the eyes....
    let's end on this agreement!

let's end on this agreement!
    Who hates iowa?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

This bar offered a free shot for every US goal in their first match.. ooops!
    Who hates iowa?

One little factoid that got lost in the shuffle were US players on camera taking time to console and encourage the Thailand players in the immediate aftermath of the game. But that got overlooked because of all the huffing and puffing about the celebrations (especially from former Canadian players) after the final whistle.

Personally, I didn't like Rapinoe's reaction to her goal. It a bit excessive for my taste. But the rest of the celebrations were perfectly legitimate in my opinion.

One thing is for sure, those former Canadian women's soccer players have a serious axe to grind with the US women, but I guess that's what happens when you've been beaten like a drum for a few decades.