All Things 2019 Women's World Cup Thread

I do know what it means. It appears you don't. People "hate" him because he's a jackass. That's one reason. He is an international embarrassment on a daily basis. That's another. He is a massive hypocrite. There's another. He dismisses actual experts and follows whims and emotion. He's a loose cannon. (These last couple, traditionally you would have an issue with, but not now for some reason. Weird.) Those are reasons.

These are the most obvious and prevalent that I can think of off the top of my head. And none of them are blind. Blind means you don't have a reason. But yeah, sure, why stick to word definitions?That restricts you from saying whatever the hell you want. Your way, you get to write whatever you want and blame the reader, instead of the writer. That's a neat trick.

I'm aware that there's a framing where the hatred isn't blind. I mean, he's a jackass. Sure. Hypocrite. Embarrassment. Follows whims and emotion. Loose cannon. Those are all feelings.

I'll tell you what I had in mind. The absolute national meltdown about kids in border detention facilities. When the exact same thing happened under the Obama admin. The media didn't cover it. Now they plaster it in your face and they get the desired reaction.

Maybe instead of blind, I should just say MSM led hatred. To me there's really no difference, you aren't in control of your emotions or feelings.

Give it up, Ogee. Rapinoe doesn't have to go to the White House for Trump to be for equal pay. Any "meeting" between the two would be a joke and a waste of time. All the benefit would be for Trump...and clearly...Rapinoe is not a fan. She just won the World Cup. Her message will be louder with the White House visit decline. King Trump doesn't care about her concerns...so you can quit with your delusional fantasies.

I surprised the fellas haven't started bashing Nike on their Rapinoe ads yet.

I'm aware that there's a framing where the hatred isn't blind. I mean, he's a jackass. Sure. Hypocrite. Embarrassment. Follows whims and emotion. Loose cannon. Those are all feelings.
What are all feelings? I don't even know what you are trying to say. I'm sorry, but I care about how my president acts and so do a lot of other people. It's a reflection of what's going on inside and I don't like it. It's really that simple. You ignore it because you generally like the actual policy things you view that he does (not all of which are actually the way you choose to view them - Exhibit A: China). And his asinine behavior and his policy aren't as separate as you want to pretend. His actions with North Korea, Mexico, China and lots of other things are haphazard, whimsical, contradictory and sometimes just downright stupid. One of his tactics - intentional or "Tourette" moments - is to say some dumbass thing to poke the bear like a kid who needs Ritalin. Pretend here all you want that those things aren't related and concerning. But you are wrong.

What are all feelings? I don't even know what you are trying to say. I'm sorry, but I care about how my president acts and so do a lot of other people. It's a reflection of what's going on inside and I don't like it. It's really that simple. You ignore it because you generally like the actual policy things you view that he does (not all of which are actually the way you choose to view them - Exhibit A: China). And his asinine behavior and his policy aren't as separate as you want to pretend. His actions with North Korea, Mexico, China and lots of other things are haphazard, whimsical, contradictory and sometimes just downright stupid. One of his tactics - intentional or "Tourette" moments - is to say some dumbass thing to poke the bear like a kid who needs Ritalin. Pretend here all you want that those things aren't related and concerning. But you are wrong.

Why do I hate Trump? Because he makes me angry!! The things he says make me hate him. I care about how he acts and it makes me angry the way he acts!

Why do I hate Trump? Because he makes me angry!! The things he says make me hate him. I care about how he acts and it makes me angry the way he acts!
You don’t read well.

I surprised the fellas haven't started bashing Nike on their Rapinoe ads yet.
You mean the gal whining about Trump and equal pay?

Last week, I didn’t know or care about her. This week I just don’t care about her.

Still whining about posters bashing Nike snowflake? Get over it.

The captain of the USWNT went on with Anderson Cooper and it's safe to say that she took the low road. Disappointing really. And unfortunate.

I guess the silver lining is at least she didn't say "f*ck" this time?

The captain of the USWNT went on with Anderson Cooper and it's safe to say that she took the low road. Disappointing really. And unfortunate.

Predictable.

Could you at least explain who you are referring to and what she did?

If it bothers you so much why watch it? Do you have some fetish or something?

You mean the gal whining about Trump and equal pay?

Last week, I didn’t know or care about her. This week I just don’t care about her.

Still whining about posters bashing Nike snowflake? Get over it.

Huh, I thought you were a real American?

Maybe try employing a little of that logic you're so "famous" for.

Jake has been employing logic, common sense, clarity, maturity and a mastery of the obvious in defining the argument and his position.

Jake has been employing logic, common sense, clarity, maturity and a mastery of the obvious in defining the argument and his position.

Jake could take a dump and you’d describe it the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake could take a dump and you’d describe it the same way.

Everyone understands Jake's logical position. Except you. I wonder why that is.

Rumor on the street is the USWNT may be coming to Allianz field on their victory tour. That would be sweet!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Regarding the gender pay gap in men’s and women’s soccer, I have to agree that it should be equal pay.

The men should take an immediate pay cut down to whatever they’re paying the women.

This is one of those situations where the actual facts of the situation get in the way of a really good story. Not very timely, but I heard this on the radio today and had to look it up to see if it was true.

From 2010 to 2018, US Soccer paid the Women's team $34.1M in total salary and game bonuses while the Men's team was only paid $26.4M

Benefits the Women's team have bargained for that the Men's team do not get:

> Fully paid health care
> Dental and Vision care
> Severance
> 401K
> Paid Maternity Leave
> Guaranteed injury protection
> Assistance with child care

Women's national team produced gross revenues of $101.3M over 238 games played ($425,000/game average) for 2009 through 2019, including two WC titles.

Men's national team produced gross revenues of $185.7M over 191 games played ($972,000/game average)

Over that time, US Soccer had a Net loss of $27.5 M lost on the women;

This is all from the US Soccer Federation, President Carlos Cordero

It sure sounds like they are doing okay? I would think the Men's team should be doing some serious bitching about this situation as opposed to the women suing US Soccer?

Yeah, I was joking b/c I’m not a soccer fan. But I agree with your post and heard some of that before.

I think the women are going to lose this decision, and I think they’ve misrepresented their circumstances.

This is one of those situations where the actual facts of the situation get in the way of a really good story. Not very timely, but I heard this on the radio today and had to look it up to see if it was true.

From 2010 to 2018, US Soccer paid the Women's team $34.1M in total salary and game bonuses while the Men's team was only paid $26.4M

> Fully paid health care
> Dental and Vision care
> Severance
> 401K
> Paid Maternity Leave

Women's national team produced gross revenues of $101.3M over 238 games played ($425,000/game average) for 2009 through 2019, including two WC titles.

Men's national team produced gross revenues of $185.7M over 191 games played ($972,000/game average)

It sure sounds like they are doing okay? I would think the Men's team should be doing some serious bitching about this situation as opposed to the women suing US Soccer?

I’m shocked. I thought they were victims.

> Fully paid health care
> Dental and Vision care
> Severance
> 401K
> Paid Maternity Leave

If I remember from previous items on the US Soccer senior program; the women are employees with a CBA with USA Soccer, while the men are independent contractors on a per game call-up basis.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go USA!!

Wasn't able to make it but looked like they had a good turn out to the open practice at Allianz yesterday. Weather looks great for the game tonight should be a fun time.

Top Bottom