Recruiting Trends: Who is up, down and holding steady in Big Ten (Positive: Minn)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Farrell:

Minnesota
Recent Class Rankings: No. 57, No. 43, No. 41

Overview: When P.J. Fleck was hired in January 2017, he only had a couple of weeks to put together the No. 57 class in the country. Since then the Gophers have gone 5-7 and 7-6 on the field, while producing the No. 43 and No. 41 classes. There was plenty of excitement in Minneapolis after the Fleck hire, and while the Gophers have only been 12-13 in his two seasons, that general feeling still exists. However, more on-field success is expected in 2019 so it will be interesting to see if the Gophers can continue their recruiting rise if that does not happen.

Farrell’s take: Fleck’s first class didn’t have a four-star in it but he did a good job landing players from all over the country and his energy and aggressive recruiting nature started to show. The 2018 class was much better as he had a full cycle to establish relationships and four-stars such as Daniel Faalele and Curtis Dunlap chose Minnesota from IMG Academy in Florida. He had fewer four-stars in 2019 but the class was deeper, led by quarterback Jacob Clark. Fleck has proven he can be an effective recruiter at the Power Five level and this year if off to a solid but not spectacular start, so we’ll see if he can keep raising the bar.

https://n.rivals.com/news/recruiting-trends-big-ten

Go Gophers!!

I crave some 4* croots.... at the same time I have to remind myself that performance wise I think we've got several dudes essentially playing at that level.

I crave some 4* croots.... at the same time I have to remind myself that performance wise I think we've got several dudes essentially playing at that level.

Ky Thomas is a 4-star recruit on 247. We have 2 4-star WR recruits that will be visiting this weekend. I'll bet we end up with 3-4 for this class.

Ky Thomas is a 4-star recruit on 247. We have 2 4-star WR recruits that will be visiting this weekend. I'll bet we end up with 3-4 for this class.

4qxMqrI.gif

The level of player is better with Fleck. I don't need stars to tell me that.

Top Bottom