Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Culture War

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I get that you are afraid some uneducated people might vote for someone other than who you want but that is their right as a citizen of this country. Voting is the power us citizens still hold over our government. As a libertarian you should want every single eligible person to vote. It is amazingly sad that such a low percentage of eligible voters actually exercise their right to vote.
    Donít pull the lazy ďphobiaĒ argument out. Your post is not a response to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Don’t pull the lazy “phobia” argument out. Your post is not a response to mine.

You asked for a logical reason why more voters is better. I gave you one. You just don't want people to vote because you don't think people who aren't as smart as you will do enough research to make an educated decision plain and simple. As a libertarian you should want more people to vote not less.
    Who hates iowa?

You asked for a logical reason why more voters is better. I gave you one. You just don't want people to vote because you don't think people who aren't as smart as you will do enough research to make an educated decision plain and simple. As a libertarian you should want more people to vote not less.
    No you didnít.
    Has nothing to do with me.
    Voting can be the method by which rights are destroyed, so incorrect on what a libertarian should believe.

No you didn’t.
    Has nothing to do with me.
    Voting can be the method by which rights are destroyed, so incorrect on what a libertarian should believe.

Yes I did, voting is the power citizens hold over the government.
    Who hates iowa?

Yes I did, voting is the power citizens hold over the government.
    That's not a logical argument for why MORE people should vote. Should tweens and grade schoolers vote? Should felons vote? There's a difference between self determination, self government and universal suffrage. These don't necessarily all go together.

That's not a logical argument for why MORE people should vote. Should tweens and grade schoolers vote? Should felons vote? There's a difference between self determination, self government and universal suffrage. These don't necessarily all go together.
    Wow you sure jumped to moving the goal posts fast! Neither gopherguy or I were making arguments for tweens, grade schoolers or felons to vote. Care to try again?
    Who hates iowa?

Wow you sure jumped to moving the goal posts fast! Neither gopherguy or I were making arguments for tweens, grade schoolers or felons to vote. Care to try again?
    you said the more people that vote the better. And you think even uninformed voters should vote. You provided no rationalization for your position, so I'm exploring.

Voting is a right! More people should vote! The Democrats who teach us these things believe the people who don't vote would overwhelmingly vote Democrat. It's a position you've had ingrained in you from a young age. Not a position you came to after objective consideration. Not a rip on you, I used to feel the same way.
    Last edited by Section2; 06-12-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Is there truly a logical reason why more voters is better? Do you think the people who donít vote today are well informed and educated on the issues relative to those who vote?
    People having the right to vote and not exercising voluntarily it is probably great thing.
    I donít mean to criticize you, but have you really thought thru this stance rather than repeating orthodoxy?

More voters is only better if it is an indication of their desire to further and retain liberty. As it stands today the Democrats are attempting to recruit more voters who will demand more services from the government- so that the government ultimately has more power over them. They are tempting the unwitting into selling their souls for for a bowl of soup.

You should have to have a drivers license or legit government photo ID that proves citizenship, be at least 21 years old or serving in the military, you should be required to pass a short test in English (in person not on line). It should not be made easier. Liberty is not easy.

Is there truly a logical reason why more voters is better? Do you think the people who donít vote today are well informed and educated on the issues relative to those who vote?
    People having the right to vote and not exercising voluntarily it is probably great thing.
    I donít mean to criticize you, but have you really thought thru this stance rather than repeating orthodoxy?

Democracies and republics are stronger and viewed more legitimately by their people when more citizens vote. There's a bigger mandate to make laws and it gives more people a voice to deteine what will hapoen to them and what will happen to others.

As for stupidity, well, stupid people have voted since voting was implemented. Stupid people get to have a voice too, not just elites.

you said the more people that vote the better. And you think even uninformed voters should vote. You provided no rationalization for your position, so I'm exploring.

Voting is a right! More people should vote! The Democrats who teach us these things believe the people who don't vote would overwhelmingly vote Democrat. It's a position you've had ingrained in you from a young age. Not a position you came to after objective consideration. Not a rip on you, I used to feel the same way.
    You are either not understanding what I'm saying or purposely trying to turn it into me wanting to expand voting rights. I'm quite positive I said "eligible voters". It is sad we have such a low voter turn out. And I did provide rationalization, you just keep ignoring it. And no I don't think the other 50% of eligible voters that didn't vote would only vote for democrats. I think the opposite actually.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    More voters is only better if it is an indication of their desire to further and retain liberty. As it stands today the Democrats are attempting to recruit more voters who will demand more services from the government- so that the government ultimately has more power over them. They are tempting the unwitting into selling their souls for for a bowl of soup.

You should have to have a drivers license or legit government photo ID that proves citizenship, be at least 21 years old or serving in the military, you should be required to pass a short test in English (in person not on line). It should not be made easier. Liberty is not easy.
    YOu should just leave this country and start your own racist utopia. Why do you hate America and American principles so much?
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    Democracies and republics are stronger and viewed more legitimately by their people when more citizens vote. There's a bigger mandate to make laws and it gives more people a voice to deteine what will hapoen to them and what will happen to others.

As for stupidity, well, stupid people have voted since voting was implemented. Stupid people get to have a voice too, not just elites.
    Is that really true? US was the model of the world as a republic and a democracy when only landowners could vote. Justice and individual liberty are more important. I have very little control today about what will happen to me. No more than did the average voter in 1800.

I at least congratulate you for having reasons. But majority rules is a very flawed system.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Oh, you forgot Fox News deceiving the public.

Requiring an ID to vote is just too damn much to ask. Or notifying people that you wonít be registered if you havenít voted in 12 years, yeah, thatís too much to ask too.
    Uh huh. It's funny how the R's let such terribly lax elections go on for decades until they started losing, looked at the coming demographic trends and said "oh $%^^ what are we going to do?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post

You should have to have a drivers license or legit government photo ID that proves citizenship, be at least 21 years old or serving in the military, you should be required to pass a short test in English (in person not on line). It should not be made easier.
    Racist and pathetic. A preview of the R's future plans to cling to power. Stop browns and college kids from voting entirely instead of just really difficult like they're doing now.

Blog Entries

YOu should just leave this country and start your own racist utopia. Why do you hate America and American principles so much?
    The fellas don't want a democratic republic.