Hot Shot Nebraska recruit Charles Wan'Dale Robinson cited for possession of marijuana

GridironGus

Reaction score

"A Nebraska spokesperson said in a text that the University is aware of the situation and taking the proper steps."

So, at Nebraska, that's a slap on the wrist, right?

Attachments

• tenor.jpg
    tenor.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

UNL police were called to the University Suites after a community service officer smelled marijuana <b>coming from Robinson's room. </b>The marijuana was eventually found <b>in Robinson's vehicle.</b> "

Was his vehicle in his room - or does the UNL Police have the right to search a person’s car if they smell pot coming from their room but can’t find it there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was his vehicle in his room - or does the UNL Police have the right to search a person’s car if they smell pot coming from their room but can’t find it there?

Could have had a k9 alert on the car. That gives probable cause to search.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

yes, those are the two obvious and only options.

for 18-year-olds?

This is CA....where things aren’t thought through very hard or very long but medicinal use is legal for 18-20 yo (~ 1 oz or 12 plants) and recreational use 21+ (~ 1 oz or 6 plants).

The safety of MJ particularly for young adults is obviously controversial along with claimed efficacy for a wide range of...ailments...but it is certainly common to smell the sweet leaf wafting out of backyards all over CA these days. This will be an interesting sociological, medical experiment. Next thing you know someone will be pushing shrooms and amphetamine variants

for 18-year-olds?

Nah.

Better to keep the laws the way they are now.

Let's look at the facts: the War on Drugs has been a huge success, it's been extremely cost-effective, and it gives law enforcement something really important to do.

Think of the lives that might have been ruined if we weren't still (still!) busting kids for smoking weed!

yes, those are the two obvious and only options.

The article says they responded to a report that you could smell Mary Jane coming from his room and they <b>eventually</b> found it in his car. So yes, the obvious question would be why they were searching his car if they responded to a report that you could smell it coming from his room.

This is CA....where things aren’t thought through very hard or very long but medicinal use is legal for 18-20 yo (~ 1 oz or 12 plants) and recreational use 21+ (~ 1 oz or 6 plants).

The safety of MJ particularly for young adults is obviously controversial along with claimed efficacy for a wide range of...ailments...but it is certainly common to smell the sweet leaf wafting out of backyards all over CA these days. This will be an interesting sociological, medical experiment. Next thing you know someone will be pushing shrooms and amphetamine variants

Why do you always post such ridiculous comments about California? You may not agree or understand what California does, but that doesn’t make it wrong. Your comments reflect more on you than they do on California.

It has the fifth largest economy in the world (ahead of UK, France, etc...). By obvious reasons, it must be doing something right!

If this doesn't get him in the Huskers' starting line-up, nothing will.

PS--Of course, line-up is applicable in a couple of situations in Lincoln.

It has the fifth largest economy in the world (ahead of UK, France, etc...). By obvious reasons, it must be doing something right!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patric...lifornias-finances-are-not-back-in-black/amp/

“Combining California’s debt with publicly held federal debt, we estimate a total debt-to-GDP ratio of 125% (or 153% using the broader definition of federal debt),” California Policy Center report released in 2017 points out. “This level places California distressingly close to peripheral Eurozone countries that faced financial crises in 2011 and 2012.

Why do you always post such ridiculous comments about California? You may not agree or understand what California does, but that doesn’t make it wrong. Your comments reflect more on you than they do on California.

Is everything black and white to you? Sometimes enterprises are successful because the very best entrepreneurs, media, tech minds from around the country and world congregate in an ideal climate. Sometimes businesses succeed despite circumstances, not because of it. That doesn’t preclude a lot of loony ideas coming out of the state House. It’s ok to criticize some of them. In fact we’re obligated to at times as responsible adults.

Looking at it objectively. Its the same as a traffic ticket. Its a citation people. If a Minnesota player gets caught with weed you wont even care. Just looking for petty excuses to complain about something.

Looking at it objectively. Its the same as a traffic ticket. Its a citation people. If a Minnesota player gets caught with weed you wont even care. Just looking for petty excuses to complain about something.

It's a minor thing, probabbly should be legal.

But as a player you expect them to be a bit more careful about such things considering what is on the line for them.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patric...lifornias-finances-are-not-back-in-black/amp/

“Combining California’s debt with publicly held federal debt, we estimate a total debt-to-GDP ratio of 125% (or 153% using the broader definition of federal debt),” California Policy Center report released in 2017 points out. “This level places California distressingly close to peripheral Eurozone countries that faced financial crises in 2011 and 2012.

Calculations from a far right wing “policy” group that is part of the SPN with strong links to ALEC.

Is everything black and white to you? Sometimes enterprises are successful because the very best entrepreneurs, media, tech minds from around the country and world congregate in an ideal climate. Sometimes businesses succeed despite circumstances, not because of it. That doesn’t preclude a lot of loony ideas coming out of the state House. It’s ok to criticize some of them. In fact we’re obligated to at times as responsible adults.

Of course it is reasonable to question policies and such, but that is not how you are phrasing it.

Of course it is reasonable to question policies and such, but that is not how you are phrasing it.

Fair enough. But, I’ve had my fill of loon legislation so I’m not shy about it anymore. TBF, I’m talking left and right. In CA it’s usually but not always from the left.

Why would it ever make sense to combine federal debt with state debt? Completely different things, held by different groups, governed by different laws, and taken on by different legislative bodies. Which is not to mention that they only reason the Eurozone countries faced such a predicament was their inability to devalue their currency. That is obviously not the case in the (non currency union member) US.

Not taking a position on the lawmaking in California, but that particular study is nonsense. Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Why would it ever make sense to combine federal debt with state debt? Completely different things, held by different groups, governed by different laws, and taken on by different legislative bodies. Which is not to mention that they only reason the Eurozone countries faced such a predicament was their inability to devalue their currency. That is obviously not the case in the (non currency union member) US.

Not taking a position on the lawmaking in California, but that particular study is nonsense. Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

But if I add these unrelated numbers then it says what I want it to say....

But if I add these unrelated numbers then it says what I want it to say....

It’s not like I’m passionate about CA finances. Poster used CA’s GDP as proof they are “obviously doing something right” so knowing that CA is always having debt issues I hit up the Google machine for a story. I’ll choose more carefully next time....

https://californiapolicycenter.org/californias-state-and-local-liabilities-total-1-5-trillion-2/

It’s not like I’m passionate about CA finances. Poster used CA’s GDP as proof they are “obviously doing something right” so knowing that CA is always having debt issues I hit up the Google machine for a story. I’ll choose more carefully next time....

https://californiapolicycenter.org/californias-state-and-local-liabilities-total-1-5-trillion-2/

Everything’s fine in CA, sun is shining, solid finances, charts point up

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3ifjhAf9if8HK" width="480" height="325" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/go-dump-3ifjhAf9if8HK"></a></p>

Everything’s fine in CA, sun is shining, solid finances, charts point up

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3ifjhAf9if8HK" width="480" height="325" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/go-dump-3ifjhAf9if8HK"></a></p>

California is a train wreck. I'm so glad my wife picked here to move...

California is a train wreck. I'm so glad my wife picked here to move...

Boom or bust is the name of the game here for going on 160 years. Just have to learn to ride the waves. Feels like things are cresting...economists say the darndest things. Were you here during the ‘08 bust? The lead up to that was political, academic and media theater of the highest order, with a few truth tellers mixed in. Many fortunes made and lost on the way up and down.

Bingo. Who really gives a rats a$$ if he was smoking pot.

Boom or bust is the name of the game here for going on 160 years. Just have to learn to ride the waves. Feels like things are cresting...economists say the darndest things. Were you here during the ‘08 bust? The lead up to that was political, academic and media theater of the highest order, with a few truth tellers mixed in. Many fortunes made and lost on the way up and down.

No, we just got here last year in time for the super-majority. Never good when either side has that many seats. But makes driving to the Fresno game palatable.

Top Bottom