Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    He's already profited millions by golfing and staying at his own resorts (along with the entire secret service staff) to the tune of tens of millions of dollars. He wants to do it with the G7. But it's so unbelievable he would do it in this case? Please.
    Forbes estimates that Trump has lost $1.4 billion since winning the nomination and $600 million since winning the election. Only a fool would think that Trump is trying to enrich himself by being President.

On the other hand, we know that Obama and the Clintons have used the presidency to enrich themselves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Forbes estimates that Trump has lost $1.4 billion since winning the nomination and $600 million since winning the election. Only a fool would think that Trump is trying to enrich himself by being President.

On the other hand, we know that Obama and the Clintons have used the presidency to enrich themselves.
    Sure he has. How do you know he wouldn't have lost that anyway even if he lost the election? He should prove it and show us his taxes like every other President has. Do you agree?

Also, violating the emoluments clause isn't invalided because you "lost" money elsewhere. It's still illegal and it's still corrupt. You don't care.

How did Obama use it to enrich himself? By giving speeches?

The sycophants defending, excusing, rationalizing and ignoring all of this are totally pathetic and massively hypocritical. It's not debatable. Anyone that defends this bozo on this has forfeited all credibility - or, if you are CRG, a troll. If this were Barry, there would be shrill screams coming from S2's mom's basement.

Sure he has. How do you know he wouldn't have lost that anyway even if he lost the election? He should prove it and show us his taxes like every other President has. Do you agree?

Also, violating the emoluments clause isn't invalided because you "lost" money elsewhere. It's still illegal and it's still corrupt. You don't care.

He shows his taxes every year to the IRS, bonehead. He has not violated the emoluments clause by any legal standard. One such case was already tossed.

Obama got $10 million from international book sales while president. https://www.heritage.org/courts/comm...-another-trump

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    The sycophants defending, excusing, rationalizing and ignoring all of this are totally pathetic and massively hypocritical. It's not debatable. Anyone that defends this bozo on this has forfeited all credibility - or, if you are CRG, a troll. If this were Barry, there would be shrill screams coming from S2's mom's basement.
    Barry was not actually a citizen so he was therefore not subject to the emoluments clause. I am pretty certain Obama was an agent of the Iranian government, a puppet of the mullahs.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Barry was not actually a citizen so he was therefore not subject to the emoluments clause. I am pretty certain Obama was an agent of the Iranian government, a puppet of the mullahs.
    You can do it, BGA. I know you can. Tell us you have a problem with all this. Give it a shot. You might be proud of yourself.

Trump is corrupt because he stays in Trump hotels when he travels? That's what has people frothing at the mouth? So what? He's got to stay somewhere. Half the hotels are probably politicized and wouldn't want him there anyway, lest the "resistance" boycott their properties. Second, is it even more expensive than other 5* properties? If not, then who cares? Third, tell me about the cooperation of the other hotels? Does every hotel want to close for business to the public & hand over complete control of their property to the Secret Service? Maybe the Trump properties are more willing to allow that type of take over?

To me this non-issue illustrates the TDS people talk about. Trump already has plenty of money. He didn't have to run for POTUS to make more. He could have just retired & enjoyed his 70's, like most people. He donates his salary & has lost a fortune since taking office. Furthermore, it's likely he'll continue to lose money moving forward as his properties will never have the same prestige they did prior to running for office.
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    You can do it, BGA. I know you can. Tell us you have a problem with all this. Give it a shot. You might be proud of yourself.
    I have common sense Jake- perhaps not something all posters here were gifted with- so no, I have no problem with the use of Trump hotels by Trump or the Trump administration. None whatsoever. The fact that pay for play Clinton voters on this board would say a word about Trump possibly getting a small benefit from staying in his own hotels, is the height of hypocrisy.

My god, I didn’t think you were that dumb or blind. Here’s one way:
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/3/2...n-random-house

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    He shows his taxes every year to the IRS, bonehead. He has not violated the emoluments clause by any legal standard. One such case was already tossed.

Obama got $10 million from international book sales while president. https://www.heritage.org/courts/comm...-another-trump
    He shows them to the IRS? That's what you're going with? My God, the levels you Fellas will stoop to in defense of this reaches new lows every day. Every President for decades has shared them with the public and the Congress. It's not the IRS' job to determine if the President is violating the constitution. If he has not violated it, they should repeal it, because it means nothing.

Obama made $ off a book he wrote? OK. And you have a problem with this because? I don't care how much $ Trump makes off blind followers like you buying Art of the Deal or whatever other crap he has written. I care about him funneling tax dollars directly into how own pocket while he golfs and I care about foreign leaders buying influence with him by funneling business his way.

Blog Entries

My god, I didn’t think you were that dumb or blind. Here’s one way:
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/3/2...n-random-house
    And? Trump will probably get something similar as you and the other 35% sheep will surely buy it. And he will probably launch TrumpTV to give you the "real truth". That is not the issue we are discussing.

Trump had just the opposite take:

I do really like the idea that the guy who has filed for bankruptcy multiple times couldn't possibly be TRYING to profit from the Presidency simply because he isn't SUCCEEDING.

Trump ran for president for his legacy and ego. Not to get rich. That doesn't mean he can't or hasn't done things that are unethical. But let's get real. 5 figure "profiteering" is really not a huge concern. 9 figure profiteering is a concern. Nearly every politician in our federal government uses their office to enrich themselves. It's all a problem. It's an organized crime operation.

He shows them to the IRS? That's what you're going with? My God, the levels you Fellas will stoop to in defense of this reaches new lows every day. Every President for decades has shared them with the public and the Congress. It's not the IRS' job to determine if the President is violating the constitution. If he has not violated it, they should repeal it, because it means nothing.

Obama made $ off a book he wrote? OK. And you have a problem with this because? I don't care how much $ Trump makes off blind followers like you buying Art of the Deal or whatever other crap he has written. I care about him funneling tax dollars directly into how own pocket while he golfs and I care about foreign leaders buying influence with him by funneling business his way.
    Yes, he submits his taxes to the proper law enforcement agency annually, and they have not accused him of any wrongdoing. Pretty simple.
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Yes, he submits his taxes to the proper law enforcement agency annually, and they have not accused him of any wrongdoing. Pretty simple.
    Giving preferable treatment to companies and countries that patronize your clubs and hotels doesn't violate any tax laws. Putting a couple of chucklheads in charge of the VA because they patronize your club doesn't violate any tax laws.