Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 146
  1. #1

    Default All Things "Drain the Swamp"

    There's the ongoing Conflicts of Interest thread. There were threads on the corruption of Wilbur Ross and Tom Price and Scott Pruitt and Ryan Zinke. There's a thread on all the lobbyists that populate the Trump administration. We never even discussed Brenda Fitzgerald. Let's just have a single thread to track the ongoing commitment to Drain the Swamp. That was a key part of Trump's campaign and a key reason so many people voted for him, so I know there will be genuine shock and dismay among his supporters when stories pop up that undercut that message. I'm also certain that the board's Republicans will continue in their strident defense of small government and thus attacks on wasteful spending.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...e-chao-1358068



  2. #2

    Default

    Let's have a dedicated thread where you acknowledge how wrong you've been at every turn on the Russia investigation. You've dropped out of all those threads, but have yet to admit you were dead wrong. Now's your chance.
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Let's have a dedicated thread where you acknowledge how wrong you've been at every turn on the Russia investigation. You've dropped out of all those threads, but have yet to admit you were dead wrong. Now's your chance.
    The Russia investigation turned up enough dirt on Trump that he couldn't be exonerated. And Trump's lackey had to hide a bunch of the report from Congress to maintain any sense of innocence.

    But what does that have to do with the OP? Start your own thread. We all see your lazy attempts to distract from Trump failures.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Let's have a dedicated thread where you acknowledge how wrong you've been at every turn on the Russia investigation. You've dropped out of all those threads, but have yet to admit you were dead wrong. Now's your chance.
    Someone is mad.

  5. #5

    Default

    There is so much corruption in DC and it has gone on for so long that it is just incredible. I have not believed it for years, I'll admit it. I knew there was corruption but not as big as we are now finding and will find in the coming few years. The current DOJ is involved in a ton of corruption, money laundering and influence cases many of which make their way back to the DC swamp. They want ONLY establishment critters to be part of the club. The critters are indeed on both sides of the aisle. McConnell, the departed Ryan and many other Rs are swampers. Pelosi, Feinstein, Schumer, Schiff and many more Dems are deep in the swamp. Most all of them have conflicts of interest and that's why so many investigations dry up suddenly as they know they will get outed if they out someone else.

    The last thing any of these establishment types wanted was an outsider and an uncontrollable sort like Donald Trump to become President. It makes their nice little game so much less comfortable. Right now the Dems are after Trump hard because they cannot let him reveal what they have done. A lot of the NeverTrumper Rs have already fled (Ryan for example) and more are to come.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monk10 View Post
    Someone is mad.
    That someone is also correct.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35,053
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Trump promised to drain the swamp and has done the exact opposite. The Fellas don't care.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    There is so much corruption in DC and it has gone on for so long that it is just incredible. I have not believed it for years, I'll admit it. I knew there was corruption but not as big as we are now finding and will find in the coming few years. The current DOJ is involved in a ton of corruption, money laundering and influence cases many of which make their way back to the DC swamp. They want ONLY establishment critters to be part of the club. The critters are indeed on both sides of the aisle. McConnell, the departed Ryan and many other Rs are swampers. Pelosi, Feinstein, Schumer, Schiff and many more Dems are deep in the swamp. Most all of them have conflicts of interest and that's why so many investigations dry up suddenly as they know they will get outed if they out someone else.

    The last thing any of these establishment types wanted was an outsider and an uncontrollable sort like Donald Trump to become President. It makes their nice little game so much less comfortable. Right now the Dems are after Trump hard because they cannot let him reveal what they have done. A lot of the NeverTrumper Rs have already fled (Ryan for example) and more are to come.
    Yeah, Trump really taught McConnell a harsh lesson when he appointed McConnell's wife to be Secretary of Transportation. Will McConnell ever recover from this severe punishment?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35,053
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    Yeah, Trump really taught McConnell a harsh lesson when he appointed McConnell's wife to be Secretary of Transportation. Will McConnell ever recover from this severe punishment?

    The Transportation Department under Secretary Elaine Chao designated a special liaison to help with grant applications and other priorities from her husband Mitch McConnell’s state of Kentucky, paving the way for grants totaling at least $78 million for favored projects as McConnell prepared to campaign for reelection.

    Chao’s aide Todd Inman, who stated in an email to McConnell’s Senate office that Chao had personally asked him to serve as an intermediary, helped advise the senator and local Kentucky officials on grants with special significance for McConnell — including a highway-improvement project in a McConnell political stronghold that had been twice rejected for previous grant applications.


    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...e-chao-1358068

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,862
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    McConnell and Chao are as crooked as it gets. Her family's shipping company is connected to the highest levels of the Chinese government. She is using her position to as Transportation Secretary to enrich the family business. Think about that. The head of a U.S. Cabinet is strongly connected to the VERY TOP of the Communist government in China through her family's shipping company thst primarily does business in China.

    McConnell is banking on the corrupt Chinese cash from big donations and other crooked dealings with his wife.

    He should be impeached and removed. Losing in 2020 is too good for Cocaine Mitch.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker View Post
    McConnell and Chao are as crooked as it gets. Her family's shipping company is connected to the highest levels of the Chinese government. She is using her position to as Transportation Secretary to enrich the family business. Think about that. The head of a U.S. Cabinet is strongly connected to the VERY TOP of the Communist government in China through her family's shipping company thst primarily does business in China.

    McConnell is banking on the corrupt Chinese cash from big donations and other crooked dealings with his wife.

    He should be impeached and removed. Losing in 2020 is too good for Cocaine Mitch.
    This is a non-story. Her family has been in this business long before she graduated HS. She was previously the Sec. of Labor and Deputy Sec of Transportation before she was married to McConnell.

    If there is corruption, name specifically what the corruption is? What the illegalities were/are?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35,053
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    This is a non-story. Her family has been in this business long before she graduated HS. She was previously the Sec. of Labor and Deputy Sec of Transportation before she was married to McConnell.

    If there is corruption, name specifically what the corruption is? What the illegalities were/are?
    Lick lick. Anything to defend Dear Leader. You make Fox News look fair and balanced.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    35,053
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    A real estate company part-owned by Jared Kushner has received $90m in foreign funding from an opaque offshore vehicle since he entered the White House as a senior adviser to his father-in-law Donald Trump.

    Investment has flowed from overseas to the company, Cadre, while Kushner works as an international envoy for the US, according to corporate filings and interviews. The money came through a vehicle run by Goldman Sachs in the Cayman Islands, a tax haven that guarantees corporate secrecy.

    Kushner, who is married to Trump’s elder daughter Ivanka, kept a stake in Cadre after joining the administration, while selling other assets. His holding is now valued at up to $50m, according to his financial disclosure documents.

    Cadre’s foreign funding could create hidden conflicts of interest for Kushner as he performs his work for the US government, according to some ethics experts, who raised concerns over the lack of transparency around the investments.

    “It will cause people to wonder whether he is being improperly influenced,” said Jessica Tillipman, a lecturer at George Washington University law school, who teaches government ethics and anti-corruption laws.


    Kushner was initially denied a security clearance by career officials when he joined Trump’s administration. A whistleblower has told Congress it was blocked due to concerns about Kushner’s outside business interests and “foreign influence”. Kushner was later granted a clearance, allegedly after a Trump appointee intervened.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...017/ar-AACE9am

  14. #14

    Default

    Why don't we just have one "All Things Howie and JTF and Cruise Vent their Hatred Thread" and call it a day.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Trump promised to drain the swamp and has done the exact opposite.
    False.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •