Richard Agyekum commits CB for the Netherlands

Richard isn’t even the top ranked player in the Netherlands.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=NETH

The one above him doesn’t have any recruiting activity, though.

There’s one below him committed to Southern Miss and another to Temple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4th best guy in Germany (3 star 80 rating) is going to Notre Dame

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=GERM

He's sporting the Ghana flag on his Twitter. The story of how he went Dutch and the Gophers found him must be an interesting one.

The Dutch settlement in and influence on Ghana goes back over 400 years. Though the British took over in the late 1800’s, there’s a lot of Dutch still there. The British and Dutch influences have resulted in Ghana having a world class soccer program.

Business or pleasure?

Not business and also not the type of pleasure you may suspect. Amsterdam is the Vegas of Europe, without the gambling. They have a problem with drunks falling into a part of the Prince canal and drowning while taking a leak. They added handrails just above the waterline to give them something to hand on to until they can be helped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess we “koeled” on him?!?! Perhaps he is drawing interest from “Van der Bilt” now?!? Maybe Sonny Dykes has been calling?!?

I would guess that the talk about grades or behavior with the counselors didn't go well and considering he praised the coaches, it's my guess the expectations were clear as he doesn't seem to hold a grudge against Minnesota.

I was thinking that we were very db-heavy in this class so this should help.

I guess we “koeled” on him?!?! Perhaps he is drawing interest from “Van der Bilt” now?!? Maybe Sonny Dykes has been calling?!?

tenor.gif

I’m good with this one. Maybe we are missing out big time. But I like that open spot for someone else during a great start to the season.

Never like seeing a decommitment, but considering it happened during the check in week I'm assuming our coaches found something they didn't like grades or behavior wise and pulled his offer.

I have *chosen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think that is the case. Some gentle persuasion to open up a spot. I expect there will be a few more similar to this, especially if Gophs continue to win.

Top Bottom