Richard Agyekum commits CB for the Netherlands

dlw4gophers

Reaction score
Gophers add Netherlands cornerback Richard Agyekum to 2020 recruiting class
By Megan Ryan

The Gophers added some international flavor to their 2020 recruiting class.

Richard Agyekum, a 5-9, 155-pound cornerback, announced his verbal commitment on Twitter on Sunday night. He is from the Netherlands and does not yet have a rating, according to 247Sports.com.

He is the eighth member of the Gophers’ 2020 group.

Also had offers from Penn State, Rutgers, and Cincinnati.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully those measurements of 5'9" 155 lb. got lost in metric translation.

Either that or in the Netherlands you report your real height and weight because someone who is actually 5'9" 155 lbs. in the US would have listed their size to be 5'11", 181 lbs.

Either that or in the Netherlands you report your real height and weight because someone who is actually 5'9" 155 lbs. in the US would have listed their size to be 5'11", 181 lbs.

His Twitter bio says 5’10” but I’m not buying it! He looks very fast in his highlight videos, though. There must be something there for Penn State to offer.

In college there seems to be plenty of room for smaller CBs who can make good decisions and keep pace with WRs / recover from a mistake.

I’ll stop over and personally measure him while I am here in Amsterdam.

Well done.

Let's hope Sir Nigel Powers is not a Gopher fan.

Also, watching his video he covers his guy like a blanket. I say we dub him the "Dutch Oven".

Last edited:

I'm imagining rabid gopher fans tracking down a croot and tackling him so they can measure him...

He's small & not particularly fast, but is super fluid, change of direction is off the charts & great ball skills. He'll be a nickel back, covering the shifty, little slot receivers that every team now has.

This was a camp evaluation, so I have confidence in the offer. The coaches watched him live & then pounced. No doubt he would have gotten many more offers if he'd have extended his recruitment. Instead he visited, loved it, committed & flew home. Recruitment over.

I'm not sure he'll end his career as a cornerback. I guess we'll find out.

I'm not sure he'll end his career as a cornerback. I guess we'll find out.

Based on some video I watched, he’ll most definitely return punts at some point. Dude is shifty.

A 5' 9" Dutchman? He must be a 1st grader. [emoji11]

A 5' 9" Dutchman? He must be a 1st grader. [emoji11]

He's sporting the Ghana flag on his Twitter. The story of how he went Dutch and the Gophers found him must be an interesting one.

Top Bottom