Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mnsportsgeek View Post
    Didn’t think Amir’s life coaches would be sticking around this long.
    I selfishly wanted him to come back . However, i am thrilled for him to chase his dreams. Always want every young person to go for it and never measure the value of being a Gopher over chasing whatever it is they want.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Not life changing $. You only do this if you are expecting to get to the NBA.

Not enough money, for a long enough time to replace getting your degree for a real career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He can still finish his degree at no cost to him as long as he does it within ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathClutch View Post
    Even if he doesn't get a two way contract next year, he can still make 35k for 5 months of work in the G-League. The teams also put you up in a house rent free, so that 35k goes alot farther.

If he gets a two way contract, he can earn 50k just for going to training camp with the team. Players under a two way contract make $77,250 if they just play in the g-League for the 5 months. If he gets called up to an NBA team he will make the prorated league minimum which equates to nearly $4,800 a day.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk
    His agent is going to take a cut of whatever that contract is and Amir/his family could owe for training sessions to get him prepared for the workouts/G league combine. I hope Amir makes it and it's possible another year at Minnesota could have hurt his draft stock. It's also possible that one year of ineffective play in the G league could take Amir completely off the radar of NBA teams.

Quote Originally Posted by EG#9 View Post
    His agent is going to take a cut of whatever that contract is and Amir/his family could owe for training sessions to get him prepared for the workouts/G league combine. I hope Amir makes it and it's possible another year at Minnesota could have hurt his draft stock. It's also possible that one year of ineffective play in the G league could take Amir completely off the radar of NBA teams.
    I hope he has a long and successful career in the NBA. It is a very tough choice to make and he seems to have good advisers around him, no prima donna.

I felt that another year at the U would give him a better shot at the NBA, but it looks like he is getting legitimate shot.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    I hope he has a long and successful career in the NBA. It is a very tough choice to make and he seems to have good advisers around him, no prima donna.

I felt that another year at the U would give him a better shot at the NBA, but it looks like he is getting legitimate shot.

It looks like they took their time and really thought this through, this doesn't strike me as that player that is not ready going for the money. No telling if he will make it but I have little doubt that his family did their due diligence and made the decision they felt was best for Amir at this time.

Would have loved to see him play for the Gophers for one more year but it is what it is. Hopefully it works out for him at the next level, best thing for the program now is for him to find success in the NBA because that will give us something to sell to future recruits.