PITINO VS FLECK - Thoughts ?

i guess for some i need to explain.... forgot about some folks...
differences... recruiting locally , development of players, program plan and program development..

Who would I rather hang out with? Pitino by a mile. Love his humor. Seems like a "normal" guy. Who will have more success here? Probably Fleck.

In a battle of the wits, I got Pitino.

Karaoke contest? Fleck wins it, but only because Pitino would try something by Duran Duran or Tears for Fears and really mess it up.

As far as I’m concerned Fleck has outdone Lil Rick in everything since he’s been here.

As far as I’m concerned Fleck has outdone Lil Rick in everything since he’s been here.

I’d disagree with that.
Pitino lows lower
Pitino highs higher

Fleck’s best season is 7-6

Karaoke contest? Fleck wins it, but only because Pitino would try something by Duran Duran or Tears for Fears and really mess it up.

maybe that is what little richard does instead of recruiting minnesota players

Would be a good matchup. My money would be on Pitino. I think he is taller so bigger reach. Boxing or Wrestling?

Are you saying PJ is “too short”?
He has been hearing that his whole life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would pay $59.99 to see them fight. Not sure if either of them has an advantage physically.

Someone should set this up for a charity night.

Reeves vs Whalen could be the Undercard.

I’d disagree with that.
Pitino lows lower
Pitino highs higher

Fleck’s best season is 7-6

Pitino has been here much longer. He better have some sort of high by now. End of discussion on that one in my opinion. Judge it down the road in a few years.

Lol Pitino has had a winning conference record, gone to two NCAA, won a tourney game and Fleck hasn't landed a local recruit nearly the caliber of Coffey or Oturu. Flecks best big ten mark is the equivalent of going 6-12 in hoops, or I guess 7-13 now. Hell Pitino NIT is more impressive. Winning the Quick Lane is like winning the CIT I guess. 10th best bowl for the conference. With that being said I like the direction of both coaches. I think Pitino's Sophomore class, combine with Williams and Ilhan can be the core of big ten title run. I think Fleck 2018 class as upperclassmen can lead us there on the gridiron, not quite there this year IMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think both guys are great in their own ways. In a sense not sure why we are doing this thread.

I think both guys are great in their own ways. In a sense not sure why we are doing this thread.

Because the OP was curious of others’ thoughts on the subject?

You are not required to participate - FYI.

well, to start with, Basketball and Football are different sports.....but seriously, in Football it takes longer to build a program. at least 3-4 recruiting classes to get everyone in place to run the coach's system. In basketball, you can turn around a program a lot faster - one or two really good recruiting classes. And, football needs more numbers - 85 scholarships, 22 starters, etc. In Basketball, 13 scholarships and 5 starters. one or two players can have a major impact in hoops. Football, you need a lot more, plus depth for the inevitable injuries.

Having said that, the next couple of years will be important for Fleck, if he's really going to take the program in a new direction. It really is too early to tell, or make a definitive judgement at this point.

Pitino - frankly, his teams drive me nuts. they show flashes of being really good, and then go into a 5-minute dead zone where it looks like they've never practiced together. At some point, Pitino is going to have to put together a team that is capable of at least being a top-3 in the conference and going past the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. I don't know how much rope he has at the U, but I would say he needs to have that breakthrough season soon.

One is a great coach, one is not.

If it’s a street brawl, I’d put my money on PJ. I don’t think Richard would put up much of a fight, to be honest.

This reminds me...I’ve been wanting to change my screen name for quite some time, but I’m not sure if that’s an option. I’m gonna look into it right now.

One became a name via coaching, the other got into coaching via his name.

We talking celebrity death match?

One became a name via coaching, the other got into coaching via his name.

N473vwq.jpg

Fleck scores a TKO in the 3rd round to become the U of M’s Champ Champ.

Lol Pitino has had a winning conference record, gone to two NCAA, won a tourney game and Fleck hasn't landed a local recruit nearly the caliber of Coffey or Oturu. Flecks best big ten mark is the equivalent of going 6-12 in hoops, or I guess 7-13 now. Hell Pitino NIT is more impressive. Winning the Quick Lane is like winning the CIT I guess. 10th best bowl for the conference. With that being said I like the direction of both coaches. I think Pitino's Sophomore class, combine with Williams and Ilhan can be the core of big ten title run. I think Fleck 2018 class as upperclassmen can lead us there on the gridiron, not quite there this year IMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yes, Pitino has continued the abject failure of Gopher basketball since it’s inception. Unless they cheat. Other than that, what a stellar program. The love that Gopher hoops gets us truly bizarre.

So the haters can bash on the coach they don’t like.

Top Bottom