Rutgers 2019-20

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
https://scarletknights.com/news/201...nsfer-danielle-migliore-joins-wbb-roster.aspx

Rutgers adds grad transfer, Danielle Migliore.

The Rutgers women's basketball team has announced the addition of graduate student transfer guard Danielle Migliore to the roster for the upcoming 2019-20 season.

A 5-7 guard from Frankfort, New York, Migliore (pronounced Mig-lore-ee) joins the Scarlet Knights after playing the last three seasons at St. Bonaventure. During her career with the Bonnies, Migliore averaged 6.4 points and 3.5 rebound per game and totaled 112 made 3-pointers to rank 11th in St. Bonaventure history.

"Danielle was attracted to the Scarlet Knight program by our style of play and as a staff, we believe she will shine in it," said acting head coach Tim Eatman. "The way our current guards can attack the lanes will allow Danielle to be freed up to get open shots from the perimeter. She can also get to the glass to rebound. One of things we love about Danielle is that she will stick her nose in and fight for rebounds and extra possessions. She is a young woman that Rutgers fans will love to watch play and exemplifies that grit our program believes in."

Last season, Migliore knocked down 39 shots from beyond the arc and added in 5.6 points per game to go along with 3.0 rebounds per contest in 29 games. She logged a season-high 19 points over Canisius and posted a double-double effort of 13 points and 10 rebounds at Denver. Additionally, Migliore sank four shot from beyond the arc and finished with 15 points against the Big Ten's Penn State.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college...237/rutgers-hall-famer-stringer-returns-leave

C. Vivian Stringer returns from leave:
Hall of Fame coach C. Vivian Stringer, who left the Rutgers program last February for an unspecified health-related issue, has returned to the Scarlet Knights and "looks great," athletic director Pat Hobbs said Thursday.

The 71-year-old Stringer, who left with two weeks remaining in the regular season, originally said she'd return for the postseason. However, she stayed on leave, on advice from doctors, while assistant Tim Eatman served as acting coach for the Big Ten and NCAA tournaments.

"She's back," Hobbs told NJ Advance Media on Thursday. "She looks great. ... There's no one more looking forward to walking into the RWJ Barnabas Health Athletic Performance Center than C. Vivian Stringer.''

Stringer, who will earn $875,000, will be entering her 25th season at Rutgers and 49th overall as a coach. She has a career mark of 1,018-410 in 48 seasons, making her the sixth-winningest coach in women's basketball, and is 498-275 at Rutgers. She picked up win No. 1,000 on Nov. 13, becoming just the fifth Division I women's coach -- and first African-American coach -- to achieve the milestone, and sixth overall.

"It's a good time for her to transition back in,'' Hobbs said. "She's raring to go.''

Her contract runs through the 2020-21 season.

https://scarletknights.com/news/2019/8/23/womens-basketball-releases-2019-20-schedule.aspx

Rutgers non-con schedule with last season's NCAA RPI (not a particularly adventurous slate).

313 Coppin State
270 Niagara
210 (N) Vanderbilt
202 Marshall
156 Southern
105 Towson
102 Virginia
98 Harvard
93 @ LSU
89 @ South Alabama
78 (Georgia Tech or Seton Hall (139)
...especially for a coach who's "NCAAs or nothing, post-season." The Scarlet Knights are going to have to win A LOT of games for that schedule to get them into the tournament.

Apparently C. Viv was jealous of us last year, getting to play Coppin State. This year she figured, I want some of that Coppin State action!?!

https://www.phillytrib.com/sports/r...cle_d1399b3b-80a0-5e64-8a92-682202718ac2.html

A C. Vivian Stringer update:
C. Vivian Stringer is back with a new outlook on life after stepping away at the end of last season because of exhaustion.

Rutgers' Hall of Fame women's basketball coach said doctors told her last February that she ought to rest. She listened, missing the end of the Scarlet Knights' season that finished with a loss to Buffalo in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.

"I was tired and beat up. Not going to reveal what the issue was, but the doctor said, 'Stop, you can't go anymore.' In a way I knew that I had done everything I could," Stringer said Wednesday. "I couldn't do any more. Glad that I was given an opportunity to take the break that I needed and relax and come back."

Stringer returned to campus in June, easing her way back, and the 71-year-old coach did some recruiting this summer.

Stringer hadn't been sleeping more than a few hours a night. She'd been drinking a lot of coffee and taking caffeine pills for years. It all caught up with her before she took her leave.

"They told me to rest and I did. I didn't watch any games," she said. "The only game I saw was for 30 minutes was when (Rutgers player Noga Peleg Pelc) got hurt in the NCAAs. It was rest and sleeping plenty."

Stringer drinks only decaffeinated coffee now and gave up caffeine pills.

Rutgers just opened up a beautiful new practice facility that gives the women's team its own court. That's allowed Stringer to change practice times from the morning to the afternoon.

Raoul reports that McDonald's All-American point guard Alexis Smith, having been given the boot by Baylor and worn one for part of her brief time in New Jersey, is moving on again.

Top Bottom