Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    If you get there earlier usually there are zero lines.
    But I can also see people wanting to maximize tailgating and bar time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Exactly. Especially with 11:00 games. It's tough to get everything set up, cooked, eaten, cleaned up and put away again before the game. Any glitch and you're running late.

I'm sorry, there are enough reasons not to go to the game (cost, amount of time, limited replays, cost of concessions, etc.). The amount of time to get into the stadium doesn't need to be another factor. This is an issue of the U's making. They are inconveniencing the customer for no tangible benefit. If they want to keep losing customers, keep adding more inconveniences. Most businesses figure out to make the customer's experience as simple as possible.

On top of that, they aren't close to selling out the stadium and they can't handle the crowds now. God forbid they actually start selling out the stadium. Early might mean hours.

Maybe the gophers should try the separate line for season ticket holders, like the twins are doing this year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Now that's a perk I'd use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post
    Oh man yes

I'm tired of being among the unwashed masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post
    I went to a sellout twins game and had no wait.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

If you get there earlier usually there are zero lines.
    THANKS DAD

Quote Originally Posted by theTurning View Post
    THANKS DAD
    Gee, giving yourself an extra 10 minutes. What a novel concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeville Goldy View Post
    Exactly. Especially with 11:00 games. It's tough to get everything set up, cooked, eaten, cleaned up and put away again before the game.
    Sure. Game time has all to do with that.

Never had a problem with that either. In my seat by the NA. Every game.

I'm at a loss for all the angst. I guess folks gotta get that last of those 6-8 drinks in before the game starts. Makes it hard to pack up.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    Gee, giving yourself an extra 10 minutes. What a novel concept.

Sure. Game time has all to do with that.

Never had a problem with that either. In my seat by the NA. Every game.

I'm at a loss for all the angst. I guess folks gotta get that last of those 6-8 drinks in before the game starts. Makes it hard to pack up.
    Ah, there we go - your real issue. You are one of those people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Ah, there we go - your real issue. You are one of those people.
    Bingo.

Exactly. Especially with 11:00 games. It's tough to get everything set up, cooked, eaten, cleaned up and put away again before the game. Any glitch and you're running late.

I'm sorry, there are enough reasons not to go to the game (cost, amount of time, limited replays, cost of concessions, etc.). The amount of time to get into the stadium doesn't need to be another factor. This is an issue of the U's making. They are inconveniencing the customer for no tangible benefit. If they want to keep losing customers, keep adding more inconveniences. Most businesses figure out to make the customer's experience as simple as possible.

On top of that, they aren't close to selling out the stadium and they can't handle the crowds now. God forbid they actually start selling out the stadium. Early might mean hours.
    Tailgate after the game for 11 AM starts. I make a day of it. It's SEVEN days a year. Guessing once a year waiting in line to get in has caused me to miss the kick-off, and it's a 50/50 chance it was mostly my fault for getting to the gate late.

That's fine. If maximizing tailgaiting is more important than getting to your seats on time then don't b!tch about the lines. Or tailgate until the game starts and enter 5 mins late when there are no lines. Or get up earlier if tailgaiting is so important? That's really not that hard to do 1 day a week either...
    Who hates iowa?

It is simple, if waiting in lines is such a big deal to you get there a little earlier when there are no lines. I've never waited in line for more than 5 minutes trying to get into the stadium (besides 1 time).

I bet you are one of the ladies in the mini vans that speeds around a neighborhood where kids are playing so you can get where yo uare going 2 seconds faster. You know what you could do instead of that? Leave earlier.
    Who hates iowa?

That's fine. If maximizing tailgaiting is more important than getting to your seats on time then don't b!tch about the lines. Or tailgate until the game starts and enter 5 mins late when there are no lines. Or get up earlier if tailgaiting is so important? That's really not that hard to do 1 day a week either...
    Honestly I can't say I've ever had any major problems at a Gopher game. Yes the lines are long, but in this day and age where they check everybody, none of the lines have seemed too out of the ordinary. I was just chiming in about why people might show up at the last minute.

Having said that, if there's anything the Gophers or any other team can do to speed up the process, I am sure it would be appreciated by fans. As a Twins season ticket holder I definitely appreciate the shorter, season ticket holder-only line. Those are the kinds of things that make people want to keep their season tickets when they are on the fence about dropping them.

Honestly I can't say I've ever had any major problems at a Gopher game. Yes the lines are long, but in this day and age where they check everybody, none of the lines have seemed too out of the ordinary. I was just chiming in about why people might show up at the last minute.

Having said that, if there's anything the Gophers or any other team can do to speed up the process, I am sure it would be appreciated by fans. As a Twins season ticket holder I definitely appreciate the shorter, season ticket holder-only line. Those are the kinds of things that make people want to keep their season tickets when they are on the fence about dropping them.
    Totally agree with this. That would be a nice perk to add to any stadium.
    Who hates iowa?

I duno guys. Tailgating is part of the experience, if the question is if you have to quit tailgating early enough to get in the door.... I think that's detracting from the experience.

Now some wait is to be expected but I've found the waits to be HIGHLY variable at times. There are times where 15 min before kickoff and you feel like you're virtually the first in the door. Other times 15 min before kickoff and you miss kickoff. It's unpredictable.

But as a season ticket holder... yeah I should get special lines. Really PJ should pick me up gameday in his car and give me a ride such....