Twins Adjust Entrance Policy - "Hold Your Phone"

Would special Season Ticket holder lines really help at TCF? I would think 80-90% of the fans going to the games are Season Ticket holders except the Nebraska, Iowa ans Wisconsin games.

Would special Season Ticket holder lines really help at TCF? I would think 80-90% of the fans going to the games are Season Ticket holders except the Nebraska, Iowa ans Wisconsin games.

The important thing is that it is clearly demonstrated clearly that I am a better fan than the people in the "other" line.

You kind of make a good argument for the special lines with this post. They would absolutely help in the nebraska, iowa and wisconsin games.

You kind of make a good argument for the special lines with this post. They would absolutely help in the nebraska, iowa and wisconsin games.

We need an entrance for everyone wearing RED, WHITE, BLACK, or YELLOW..... and it's gonna be SLOW.

Last year probably, but go back a few years when we had 50,000 for many games and a decent number of those fans are not season ticket holders. It wouldn't include season tickets that were sold or given away - you would need to be the actual ticket holder.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Last year probably, but go back a few years when we had 50,000 for many games and a decent number of those fans are not season ticket holders. It wouldn't include season tickets that were sold or given away - you would need to be the actual ticket holder.

How would they verify that? I have two currently and had four for years. All would be in my name.

I expect long term we'll see the Gophers go to something like the Wild or Timberolves system where there aren't tickets as much as a season ticket holder card and methods for transferring tickets on the phone and etc and verification of who uses them and etc. That would allow a lot more tracking of who is using what and etc.

The Timberwovles actually enforce rules about who uses the tickets, if the season ticket holder sells / transfers their season tickets all the time ... they can/ have canceled people's season tickets. Gophers probabbly can't afford to do that at this point, but maybe if things pick up I would expect something like that.

Ok, though I do not think this is really a problem. Year 1 there were some big lines while they were working the kinks out of the process but since then the only issue I remember is for the TCU game. I think some scanners had broken.

Just getting to the stadium 15-20 minutes before kick I never seem to have a problem with getting in, buying a beverage and being seated in time for the anthem.

Ok, though I do not think this is really a problem. Year 1 there were some big lines while they were working the kinks out of the process but since then the only issue I remember is for the TCU game. I think some scanners had broken.

Just getting to the stadium 15-20 minutes before kick I never seem to have a problem with getting in, buying a beverage and being seated in time for the anthem.
Would you prefer a 5 minute wait to a 15 minute wait? Why not give that perk to season ticket holders?

Would you prefer a 5 minute wait to a 15 minute wait? Why not give that perk to season ticket holders?

Other than the TCU game, I can not recall having to wait more than 5 minutes anyway, so to me it's a moot point.

If the U tried to set up special entrance lines for season ticket holders they would likely muck it up and make the wait longer for STH and then claim it was necessary to get single game ticket buyers in with less wait because that is the pool that new STHs will come from next year.

If the U tried to set up special entrance lines for season ticket holders they would likely muck it up and make the wait longer for STH and then claim it was necessary to get single game ticket buyers in with less wait because that is the pool that new STHs will come from next year.

They wouldn't claim anything, they'd do something, who knows if it works... and not say anything like usual.

Top Bottom