Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Twins Adjust Entrance Policy - "Hold Your Phone"

The Twins have had trouble getting their fans in the gates efficiently lately so they're changing their security policy to "Hold your phone".

https://www.mlb.com/twins/fans/infog...entry-policies

In short fans can go through security holding their phone, small purse, keys, wallet and etc.

It would be nice to see such a policy extended to TCF as I don't think they're stopping anything bad from happening with their current policy that couldn't just happen in the line outside the gate anyway .... and that isn't happening so what are we really doing with all this theater?

TCF security lines are a joke. Super slow and even the process is pointless. My wife had two beers in her purse from tailgating that she forgot about. They opened her bag and didn't even take them or notice them. Just looking to look. Not paying any attention.

Two free beers for us though.

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    TCF security lines are a joke. Super slow and even the process is pointless. My wife had two beers in her purse from tailgating that she forgot about. They opened her bag and didn't even take them or notice them. Just looking to look. Not paying any attention.

I used to wheel my grandfather in on his wheelchair and I just put my bags on his lap under a blanket.

They would just wave us through.

That's nice, but you could fit a 500 pound bomb in that chair.... like there's no security against anything here so why delay everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    I used to wheel my grandfather in on his wheelchair and I just put my bags on his lap under a blanket.

They would just wave us through.

That's nice, but you could fit a 500 pound bomb in that chair.... like there's no security against anything here so why delay everyone?
    I agree 100%. Maybe the idea of security will deter people?

I agree 100%. Maybe the idea of security will deter people?
    It doesn't seem likely as anyone who wanted to do a bad thing could just ... do that bad thing in the huge crowd waiting at the gate.

It doesn't seem that different and really if you were a organized bad guy... nobody at the gate is stopping anyone determined to be bad from getting into the stadium and it's not like the whole stadium crowd could just leave it they heard about bad things at the gate.

Just

It doesn't seem likely as anyone who wanted to do a bad thing could just ... do that bad thing in the huge crowd waiting at the gate.

This has always been my gripe about 'security for show' measures. When your measures simply create such a huge crowd (target) waiting to get through 'security', does the bad guy really even need to get into the stadium (or onto the plane, etc.) anymore?

It doesn't seem that different and really if you were a organized bad guy... nobody at the gate is stopping anyone determined to be bad from getting into the stadium and it's not like the whole stadium crowd could just leave it they heard about bad things at the gate.

Just
    Stadium security is 99% for show because they know that the odds of anything actually happening at any given venue each night is super low. That said, if they abandon the screening and something does happen they would get destroyed for it. So they do the screening to try and catch the low hanging fruit and hopefully discourage anything from happening.

But yeah, anyone that is truly motivated to do something bad at an event isn't going to be stopped by the stadium security at most places. It just might inconvenience them a little while they figure out the best way around it.

As Milton Friedman often reminded us, there's no such thing as a free beer.

Quote Originally Posted by tato2001 View Post
    This has always been my gripe about 'security for show' measures. When your measures simply create such a huge crowd (target) waiting to get through 'security', does the bad guy really even need to get into the stadium (or onto the plane, etc.) anymore?
    Well, planes can actually crash into things so I'm glad we're doing what we can to keep them safe. But your point is taken about all the other events where crowds gather.

Quote Originally Posted by MNVCGUY View Post
    Stadium security is 99% for show because they know that the odds of anything actually happening at any given venue each night is super low. That said, if they abandon the screening and something does happen they would get destroyed for it. So they do the screening to try and catch the low hanging fruit and hopefully discourage anything from happening.

But yeah, anyone that is truly motivated to do something bad at an event isn't going to be stopped by the stadium security at most places. It just might inconvenience them a little while they figure out the best way around it.
    This. Im assuming its all either for show to cover their asses from potential backlash. Or really, Im guessing to mitigate potential lawsuits if something were to happen.

Everybody knows the system they have in place does absolutely nothing to prevent shenanigans if youre out to create them. With small kids, we have to load up our diapers, etc. in the clear bags. Not once have they rummaged through them. I always am carrying a child in one arm, full clear bag and seat cushions in the other, with phone, keys, etc. in my hands. Im pretty sure they take pity on me, as Im usually not slowed down or searched.

I would sure love to adopt the Twins method, though. I would think it would speed the process.

If you get there earlier usually there are zero lines.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    Exactly.

Maybe the gophers should try the separate line for season ticket holders, like the twins are doing this year.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Default lines

Give the man a cigar, we have a winner.

2019 post of the year.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.