The best RB Units in CFB according to Bleacher Report (#8. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

This is going to be a pick your poison offense. The talent at running back (and the wildcat), the talent in the offensive line, the WRs, accurate and decisive QB is going to be hard to stop. Guys like Brooks and Smith and Ibrahim are capable of being their own blockers as Mase likes to say. They just need the blockers and scheme to give them a chance. Green is going to crush the defense’s will on third and fourth down. This could be a confluence of talent on O that we haven’t seen in a long, long time and maybe not for awhile in the future.

Nice to see some national recognition!!

In Smith, Brooks, and Ibrahim, we return our leading rushers from 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. And don't forget about Bryce Williams!

Also, Seth Green will be ready for short-yardage/goal line situations. I think last season proved he's quite effective in that role.

When you add in Tyler Johnson, Bateman, and two (hopefully) improving QB's, I think you could make a strong, rational argument to your buddies that the Gophers' offense will be good this upcoming season, with the potential to be nearing the very-good/elite level...

Nice to see some national recognition!!

In Smith, Brooks, and Ibrahim, we return our leading rushers from 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. And don't forget about Bryce Williams!

Also, Seth Green will be ready for short-yardage/goal line situations. I think last season proved he's quite effective in that role.

When you add in Tyler Johnson, Bateman, and two (hopefully) improving QB's, I think you could make a strong, rational argument to your buddies that the Gophers' offense will be good this upcoming season, with the potential to be nearing the very-good/elite level...

Don't forget CAB. With all the deserved hype around Johnson and Bateman, CAB is sometimes ignored. I really, really like his game.

This is going to be a pick your poison offense. The talent at running back (and the wildcat), the talent in the offensive line, the WRs, accurate and decisive QB is going to be hard to stop. Guys like Brooks and Smith and Ibrahim are capable of being their own blockers as Mase likes to say. They just need the blockers and scheme to give them a chance. Green is going to crush the defense’s will on third and fourth down. This could be a confluence of talent on O that we haven’t seen in a long, long time and maybe not for awhile in the future.

This offense is the most talented Minnesota has had since at least 2006, probably 2003, maybe ever.

If Faalele had breakaway speed...

Yet many Flecksters expect a 6-7 win season.

Are you really that desperate to troll? The VAST majority of fans (Flecksters and non-Flecksters alike) are really excited about the prospects for this season and would be really disappointed if the best we can do is just slightly over.500. Would love to know who these "many" fans that only expect 6-7 wins are, and I would be shocked if very many Fleck supporters would fall in that category.

The offense should be really good this year so as long as the defense can replicate any of their late season play this should be a team that has a legit shot of winning the West or at the very least being a major player in the race.

If Faalele had breakaway speed...

I fear there would be some sort of gravitational impact on the earth if that was the case. And maybe damage to TCF.

Faalele to the 10 to the 5 ... TOUCHDOWN ... A--- OH NO HE CRASHED THROUGH THE STUDENT SECTION AND OUT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STADIUM!!!! THE STUDENT SECTION IS ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE!!!!

Are you really that desperate to troll? The VAST majority of fans (Flecksters and non-Flecksters alike) are really excited about the prospects for this season and would be really disappointed if the best we can do is just slightly over.500. Would love to know who these "many" fans that only expect 6-7 wins are, and I would be shocked if very many Fleck supporters would fall in that category.

The offense should be really good this year so as long as the defense can replicate any of their late season play this should be a team that has a legit shot of winning the West or at the very least being a major player in the race.

Connelly gave a 7.5 wins prediction, another “positive” poster in the 9 win thread sides with Vegas at 6-7 wins. It’s totally reasonable to expect 7 wins because this is the Big Ten. Winning is hard. Ask the 2016 team.

Bottom line is some are optimistic and maybe overly optimistic, and others will rationalize an underwhelming season every time because of the coach, eg 2017. We will have injuries, etc, depth in the secondary, etc. it will never be the coaches (until it is, like last season).

Connelly gave a 7.5 wins prediction, another “positive” poster in the 9 win thread sides with Vegas at 6-7 wins. It’s totally reasonable to expect 7 wins because this is the Big Ten. Winning is hard. Ask the 2016 team.

Bottom line is some are optimistic and maybe overly optimistic, and others will rationalize an underwhelming season every time because of the coach, eg 2017. We will have injuries, etc, depth in the secondary, etc. it will never be the coaches (until it is, like last season).

There were several posters in that thread tamping down expectations. Same with the various times 2019 strength of schedule has come up as a thread or in other threads. Usual bunch countering the sense that it is a favorable schedule. Also numerous posts on numerous threads expressing satisfaction with 7-5 in 2019 as demonstrating great progress for year three...or is it year two?

IMO PJ has to eventually “break through” and exceed expectations to build recruiting momentum. It’s a simple fact if we want to ever be in the same national tier as Wisc, Iowa, MSU.

Years of Pitino-esque malaise and excuses are not heartwarming. Production matters in coaching as with players.

Last edited:

There were several posters in that thread tamping down expectations. Same with the various times 2019 strength of schedule has come up as a thread or in other threads. Usual bunch countering the sense that it is a favorable schedule. Also numerous posts on numerous threads expressing satisfaction with 7-5 in 2019 as demonstrating great progress for year three...or is it year two?

The only people still holding onto the year zero thing from 2 years ago are people like you determined to bash the coach every chance they get. Let it go already, literally nobody associated with the program has tried to say this is anything but year 3, move on.

There will always be those that want to tamp down expectations, and it is to early to move into West title or bust talk, but everything I have been saying says the team and coaches are embracing the heightened expectations and fully understand they won't be able to sneak up on people this year.

Never a fan of trying to predict records this time of year when you have no real clue what teams are going to look like in the fall but this team is at a point where we should at least be in the mix for the division on a yearly basis if we are doing what we need to do from a program progression standpoint.

The only people still holding onto the year zero thing from 2 years ago are people like you determined to bash the coach every chance they get. Let it go already, literally nobody associated with the program has tried to say this is anything but year 3, move on.

There will always be those that want to tamp down expectations, and it is to early to move into West title or bust talk, but everything I have been saying says the team and coaches are embracing the heightened expectations and fully understand they won't be able to sneak up on people this year.

Never a fan of trying to predict records this time of year when you have no real clue what teams are going to look like in the fall but this team is at a point where we should at least be in the mix for the division on a yearly basis if we are doing what we need to do from a program progression standpoint.

I don't bash him at every chance, not even close, and some is tougue in cheek, in jest, and sarcasm. Still amazing how quickly a defensive post will follow if anything looks like any kind of slight towards Fleck.

I don't bash him at every chance, not even close, and some is tougue in cheek, in jest, and sarcasm. Still amazing how quickly a defensive post will follow if anything looks like any kind of slight towards Fleck.

You mean a post where you're making things up again? Most everyone on this board expects the Gophers to contend for a west title this season, which means more than 6-7 wins.

Well, PJ was still calling last year “Year 1” so when exactly did <b>he </b>let it go?

It’s great PJ has you to protect him. God forbid folks jest and make fun of stupid things he says. Real fans would never do that - am I right? Keep taking it personal and fighting for his honor. Sir MNVCGUY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, Spoofin go back to Madison. You aren’t “spoofin” anyone.

Top Bottom