Mega Camp Recap

John Galt

Reaction score
Apparently Cody Lindenberg was the "Alpha Dog"

https://247sports.com/college/minne...Recap-Top-Performers-from-June-3rd-132549417/

Alpha Dog
- Anoka (Minn.) linebacker and Gopher commit Cody Lindenberg was stellar all night. He tested well at 6-2 205 lbs, running the fastest 40 in camp and then showed well in positional drills, plus in one-on-ones. The Anoka product always has his motor running, and that showed all night long. Lindenberg's frame isn't maxed out yet, so he has room to add on, while keeping his athleticism, speed and length that made him so coveted by the Gophers staff.

Looks like he impressed at the next camp as well. Also some interesting feedback on Jonathan Mann.

https://247sports.com/college/minne...Recap-Top-Performers-from-June-9th-132747738/

Alpha Dog

- Anoka (Minn.) linebacker and Gopher commit Cody Lindenberg was stellar all night. Again. It feels redundant to list him as the Alpha Dog is two straight camps, but if I'm going to keep it (as the kids would say) 100% real, Lindenberg has earned it. He's six-foot-two with great length and athleticism, and what really sets him apart is his technique and instincts. It's clear that he's trained hard for camps like these, but he's fluid in coverage with his hips, and has the athleticism to close on the receiver and make a play on the ball. He also knows the correct angle to take when the ball carrier comes his way. His combination of instincts and athleticism makes it clear that he's a Big Ten caliber player, and PJ Fleck was smart to move on Lindenberg before camp season.

Top Five Offensive Performers

- Jonathan Mann - After taking second in the 110m hurdles the day before at Minnesota's state high school track meet, Gopher commit and Rosemount native Jonathan Mann made it to Dinkytown to compete. The rawness that Mann had when he initially committed to the Gophers is wearing off, as Mann's route-running and burst out of his routes was improved. Put that together with a bouncy six-foot-three frame, and Mann looks to be continuing to improve heading into his senior season.

Top Five Defensive Performers

- Danny Striggow - Orono's defensive end Danny Striggow already held a Big Ten offer prior to Minnesota's camp yesterday, but he wanted to earn the in-state offer, and he accomplished what he set out for. The state champion wrestler was able to play low and grind his way through the board drill using pad level and technique with his six-foot-four frame. While he gave up nearly 80 lbs at times, his motor was always revved up and ready to go. Loved his physical play-style to go with a great frame and mindset.
- Richard Agyekum - To be honest, I didn't know who Agyekum was for most of the camp. I kept mental notes of Maroon #7. One note included "not the biggest guy in the world, but he's got great hips and plays the ball and his receiver really well." Turns out it was the Netherlands Richard Agyekum who has earned offers this month from Minnesota, Penn State, Rutgers and Cincinnati among others on the June camp scene. Agyekum is going to have to put on 20 lbs of weight before he enrolls at Minnesota, but he's extremely fluid in his breaks, plays the ball well, and can explode out of his back pedal.

- Jimmy Wyrick - The 2021 Texas defensive back Jimmy Wyrick camped with the Gophers last night, as his father played for the Golden Gophers, and you can see the skill set that's seen schools such as Georgia, Arkansas, Minnesota, Nebraska and many others already extend offers. He's got a lot of length to play with in that five-foot-ten frame, and has good instincts on when to drive to the receiver and make a play.

Does this mean I need to get "Alpha Dog" into an interview somehow?

- Jimmy Wyrick - The 2021 Texas defensive back Jimmy Wyrick camped with the Gophers last night, as his father played for the Golden Gophers

Thought the last name was Myrick for a second and thought "Man he must have had that kid young."

Thought the last name was Myrick for a second and thought "Man he must have had that kid young."

Cloning combined with accelerated development is paying off.... kinda like Boba Fett.

Jimmy Wyrick (the elder) played 62 games in the NFL and is one of the more successful Gopher football alums in recent decades, and yet we rarely ever talk about him here. If fils is anything like his dad, I'll take him in a heartbeat.

mega camp > mega tongue

mega camp > mega tongue

giphy.gif

Does this mean I need to get "Alpha Dog" into an interview somehow?

Yes, it does! And, it ain’t even hard...
“Well, I just think it’s time I start running with the alpha dogs...you know, you guys here. The elite, a company that changes its best every day. I’m just anxious to do my part, row the boat.
I’m ready! Let’s go! “ (add a smile ? here)

Jimmy Wyrick (the elder) played 62 games in the NFL and is one of the more successful Gopher football alums in recent decades, and yet we rarely ever talk about him here. If fils is anything like his dad, I'll take him in a heartbeat.

I agree. Wyrick was very good. I hope his son will come here!

Yes, it does! And, it ain’t even hard...
“Well, I just think it’s time I start running with the alpha dogs...you know, you guys here. The elite, a company that changes its best every day. I’m just anxious to do my part, row the boat.
I’m ready! Let’s go! “ (add a smile �� here)

Ooof man that's gonna be hard to pull off .... but if it pays...

Top Bottom