Big Ten Football 2019 Predictions - Athlon (so who knows)

I think this ranking has a lot to do with the massive amount of Husker fans and the subscriptions and clicks they will get with Nebraska picked number 1 and Scott Frost as Coach of the Year. It is all about ad revenue and clicks.

With the Gophers picked as the sleeper they can say "See we were right because we had Minnesota as the sleeper pick"

Interesting. they predict a 7-5 season for the Gophers, and then label them as the "sleeper" team in the division.

in other words, we don't think the Gophers are going to be really good, but on the other hand, they might be if things break their way. nice CYA move.

4th best running back unit in the Big 10 per Athlon. Eighth best unit in the country according to Bleacher Report.

4th best running back unit in the Big 10 per Athlon. Eighth best unit in the country according to Bleacher Report.

Our running back corps is fantastic. Don't care what anyone of the magazines say.

Interesting. they predict a 7-5 season for the Gophers, and then label them as the "sleeper" team in the division.

in other words, we don't think the Gophers are going to be really good, but on the other hand, they might be if things break their way. nice CYA move.

Not necessarily mutually exclusive. I could see the thinking being "we think Minnesota will be a pretty average big ten team, but that they are more likely to surprise us in a good way than a bad way." That said, I think they are wrong. We will be better than 7-5.

Its just such lazy research. Athlon chose the easy route in their predictions. Minnesota will at worst be 10-3 this year, you can take that to the bank!

Top Bottom