Big Ten adds Las Vegas, Charlotte, Phoenix to football bowl destinations for 2020

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Detroit Free Press:

As his successor was being named in suburban Chicago, Jim Delany spent Tuesday in the desert finalizing the Big Ten’s next bowl slate.

The Las Vegas Bowl, Cheez-It Bowl in Phoenix and Belk Bowl in Charlotte, North Carolina, will be new postseason destinations for conference football teams in the 2020 season.

Those three games will join the Big Ten’s continuing partnerships with the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California; Capital One Orange Bowl in Miami; Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida; Outback Bowl in Tampa, Florida; Music City Bowl in Nashville, Tennessee; Pinstripe Bowl in New York; Redbox Bowl in Santa Clara, California; and Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit.

These agreements run through the 2025 season, according to a conference release, and the Las Vegas and Belk bowls will rotate annually and feature three Big Ten teams over the six-year deal. The Citrus, Outback, Music City, Pinstripe, Cheez-It, Redbox and Quick Lane bowls will feature a Big Ten team annually.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...-2020-las-vegas-charlotte-phoenix/1342936001/

Go Gophers!!

I would travel to those destinations. Didn't Belk used to be in Orlando?

I would travel to those destinations. Didn't Belk used to be in Orlando?

It hasn't always been the Belk Bowl, but it's always been in Charlotte.

Also, isn't this old news? I swear there was a thread about complaining about not wanting to go to a bowl game in Charlotte a few weeks back.

We have the highest ratio of P5 vs P5 bowl games with all but one vs a P5 team now.

Top Bottom