Fleck said 9 in-coming freshmen arrived Monday, called the group “special”

I said better yet....didn't you read it all? Wow, simple comments get people all bent out of shape.

It really isn't worth it to engage with this group. They take cheap shots and then if you call them out on it or try to support Fleck in any way they say that you can't handle anyone going after Fleck or not being positive. It is the same routine over and over and over again from this group.

They support the program but hate the guy in charge....I get it now....I didn't buy into Kill's schtick but still wanted to see the program succeed in spite of him. It is what it is and you just have to accept that this group is going to go after anything Fleck says, you can either try and reason with them (which won't work) or just ignore it and move on with your day.

LOL, this cracked me up. Now, I’ll always picture Spoof as Ruesse tapping away at the computer.

I’m a Fleck guy, but I had no problem with Spoof’s little jab this time, made me smile.

Once you accept that any thread with a quote from Fleck is going to involve a one liner of some kind mocking it from Spoof or one of the others in that group it gets much easier to just ignore it and move on.

Once you accept that any thread with a quote from Fleck is going to involve a one liner of some kind mocking it from Spoof or one of the others in that group it gets much easier to just ignore it and move on.

People don't mock nobodies!

It doesn’t seem to be getting easier.

I suppose I’m one of those in that group because I question some of the inaccuracies but I actually think PJ has elevated recruiting somewhat and I can foresee a future of extraordinary success if he can get over the hump of having an over achieving type season with a few more splashy wins. - both in terms of recruiting and fan attendance, national hype, etc which is really what some fans crave. Excitement is probably nearing pre-2015 levels for what the future holds but a lot rides on this season and the next.

I suppose I’m one of those in that group because I question some of the inaccuracies but I actually think PJ has elevated recruiting somewhat and I can foresee a future of extraordinary success if he can get over the hump of having an over achieving type season with a few more splashy wins. - both in terms of recruiting and fan attendance, national hype, etc which is really what some fans crave. Excitement is probably nearing pre-2015 levels for what the future holds but a lot rides on this season and the next.

I agree. Fleck's continued recruiting success is going to be tied a lot to results in 2019. I've posted over and over that I really like his recruiting effort thus far, they have definitely exceeded my expectations. I think we are seeing the effects of the last two seasons' results in the 2020 class so far. This is Minnesota, so results matter heavily in recruiting success. To maintain classes in the 35-45 range, which I think is the sweet spot for the near future, Gophs need to be winning 8-10 regular season games over several years. Recruiting honeymoon is over.

I know Flecksters don't really like this comparison, but Brohm made a splash in 2019 recruiting by taking a doormat of a team to .500 overall and in conference. He's won almost as many B1G games in two seasons as they had in the previous six. He has the start of a good 2020 class. If Boilermakers don't continue improving results though, recruiting will get hard real fast for Brohm.

You work both sides of the fence. :)

It is the throw away one liners that derail most threads. Someone (usually Spoofin) makes a comment that offends someone else (even though it probably shouldn't have offended them) who then replies and the copy paste Fleck supporter vs. non-Fleck supporter argument ensues.

Spoof has been pretty critical of Fleck on more than a few threads, but this one seemed like a pretty harmless joke to me. The only real statement about Fleck inherent in the joke was that he says "elite" a lot, which I feel like everyone (including Fleck himself) would agree is true.

Tell us more about how good you are at taking the high road and ignoring the critics. You’ve only complained about my posts 3 times today in this thread alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom