CAMP QUESTION

#2Gopher

Reaction score
I know that Coach Fleck hosted a number of football players over the weekend. What I didn't know was that other teams had coaches their as well. I always thought that when a team hosted a camp, they would have the only coaches there. Apparently that is not the case. Are their restrictions as to where the coaches can't go?

If you look at the camp announcements you'll see lots of coaches, even from rival teams, showing up and doing various things at the same camps.

There are no current camp restrictions although some folks in the SEC were pushing it for a while as they didn't like other out of state schools hosting camps in their prime crooting grounds, but that never went anywhere beyond bitching and moaning.

If you look at the camp announcements you'll see lots of coaches, even from rival teams, showing up and doing various things at the same camps.

There are no current camp restrictions although some folks in the SEC were pushing it for a while as they didn't like other out of state schools hosting camps in their prime crooting grounds, but that never went anywhere beyond bitching and moaning.

Wait a minute, the SEC wanted something from the NCAA and didn't get it. How'd that ever happen???

Wait a minute, the SEC wanted something from the NCAA and didn't get it. How'd that ever happen???

They did get what they wanted. NCAA D-I Council approved it on April 8th, 2016.

The Council approved a proposal applicable to the Football Bowl Subdivision that would require those schools to conduct camps and clinics at their school’s facilities or at facilities regularly used for practice or competition. Additionally, FBS coaches and noncoaching staff members with responsibilities specific to football may be employed only at their school’s camps or clinics. This rule change is effective immediately.

On a side note: Camp the other evening was fantastic. Numerous colleges / universities were represented. The largest contingent represented, outside of the Gophers, was UND. Athletes got lots of reps and hopefully learned a great deal in the process so they can move forward.

I usually head to REI with all my camp questions.

Top Bottom