Big Ten's Burning Questions (Minn: Can Fleck row the boat in the right direction?)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Mullin:

Minnesota: Can P.J. Fleck row the boat in the right direction?

Slow progress: Since taking over for Tracy Claeys, Fleck has been unable to match the Gophers’ nine-win 2016 season — their best finish since 2003. However, he has been improving the Gopher offense without a consistent starting quarterback, a fact which could change in 2019.

Two-man competition: Tanner Morgan was assumed to be the Gophers’ starter last season, but lost out to true freshman Zack Annexstad for most of the season. Annexstad was up-and-down prior to an injury, but showed potential. Meanwhile, Morgan went 4-2 as a starter after taking over for Annexstad, so the competition remains open. Both players have another year of experience, which should help them continue to grow.

https://sportsnaut.com/2019/06/big-ten-burning-questions-for-nebraska-and-other-top-teams-in-2019/

Go Gophers!!

Morgan was "assumed to be the starter." By whom?

Another fine "pull it out of the backside" preview article.

Morgan was "assumed to be the starter." By whom?

Another fine "pull it out of the backside" preview article.

I think that was the prevailing thought following the transfer departure of Croft and entering spring football. It started to murmur in spring football and then the spring game that it was a tossup with Zack...is how I remember it. So, not totally out of left field depending on your starting timeline.

I think that was the prevailing thought following the transfer departure of Croft and entering spring football. It started to murmur in spring football and then the spring game that it was a tossup with Zack...is how I remember it. So, not totally out of left field depending on your starting timeline.

Vic Veramontes could have been the presumed starter but ZA and TM were neck and neck after he transferred away.

Vic Veramontes could have been the presumed starter but ZA and TM were neck and neck after he transferred away.

Yeah lots of initial hype but it was apparent in that first open practice that VV was lost.

I went to the open practices and Vic... it was clear he was a level below TM and ZA.

an article that doesnt fawn over media darling Brohm and Purdue was a nice change of pace.

an article that doesnt fawn over media darling Brohm and Purdue was a nice change of pace.

It was getting to be a bit much.

Some high fives were certainly earned but ... after a while it was "Wait they haven't done THAT much there yet..."

Even when the obvious burning question that comprises the whole blurb is "Who is the starting QB going to be, and will they be effective?", the writer still chose to go with stuff about Fleck and rowing the boat as the lead.

Top Bottom