Gopher Softball 2020

I'm not sure that's going to be a problem. Emma was not a catcher, but was converted and coached to be one. She did very well. With the same coaching, hopefully, one of the two remaining catchers will step up and do the job. And, there is still the possibility of a late transfer.

Last edited:

when you say burns was converted to catcher...what do you mean? her social media is littered with pics of her catching for years.

E0B8E976-E978-4CAE-BDF5-433AA622FA4E.jpeg
4988B0F0-C388-488A-B2B7-0D957BB846FE.jpeg

Last edited:

Makes sense. She seemed an awful good catcher for someone who'd just learned it. The question is who's going to replace her? And why did she leave to begin with?

I would like to see a transfer or 2 at the winter break. The team seems very small.

Is she joining for the spring of 2020? Or spring of 2021? I suspect spring of 2020 would be of great help, as it now looks.
She is graduating early and will be on the 2020 Spring roster. An interesting side note, she and Kianna Jones both played for Easton Preps.

Last edited:

She is graduating early and will be on the 2020 Spring roster. An interesting side note, she and Kianna Jones both played for Easton Preps.
Looks promising, hope she & Jones knock'em dead. Btw is there any scuttlebutt about why Emma Burns left?

Great signing, not sure why she went Augustana to begin with. Guessing now that's on Anne/Rachel/Emma's scholarships with the catcher reclassifying as well?

Great news about Ava. Her and Jones kind of look alike with the long blonde hair. I now feel much better about the Catcher/pitcher and roster situation!

A great kid and a great family. Best of luck to her in the future.

To all those watched fall ball, who got the most playing time at short and catcher (besides Emma)? Got some question marks in important positions there.

Jamie is certainly not for everyone.
Judging by the number of transfers in college softball each year, how many coaches are for everyone? Jamie has gotten as many transfers in as transfers or retirements from the team. I wish Emma the best. I enjoyed watching her skills on the field and enthusiasm on and off the field.

Judging by the number of transfers in college softball each year, how many coaches are for everyone? Jamie has gotten as many transfers in as transfers or retirements from the team. I wish Emma the best. I enjoyed watching her skills on the field and enthusiasm on and off the field.

Yup. Jamie could learn a lot from PJ.

An All-American catcher and the starting catcher on a WS team transfer in consecutive years. These aren't players looking to move up to a better team or players who are buried behind better players and want a chance to play.

An All-American catcher and the starting catcher on a WS team transfer in consecutive years. These aren't players looking to move up to a better team or players who are buried behind better players and want a chance to play.
It is my understanding that Lindaman thought she needed to hit against better pitching in order to improve her chances to make a national team. Have you heard differently? I do not know Emma's reasons for transferring. Do you? Unfortunately, I have not heard that Emma has found another team. I hope she does. But, it sounds like she is retiring from the game.

It is my understanding that Lindaman thought she needed to hit against better pitching in order to improve her chances to make a national team. Have you heard differently?

JAMIE

I do not know Emma's reasons for transferring. Do you?

JAMIE

Unfortunately, I have not heard that Emma has found another team. I hope she does. But, it sounds like she is retiring from the game.

I think she will be OK. She will play if she wants to.

Yup. Jamie could learn a lot from PJ.

And yet, over on the football board, you read over and over that "PJ isn't for everyone" and he says that about himself! BTW, there were several outbound football transfers. It happens.

Last edited:

Some of the national publications are starting to release their top 25 rankings for the preseason.

Flosoftball has the ladies at No. 6 while D1 Softball has them at No. 7. In both polls, the Gophers are the top-ranked Big 10 squad.

Looking forward to seeing where other polls have the ladies in the buildup to the season.

Some of the national publications are starting to release their top 25 rankings for the preseason.

Flosoftball has the ladies at No. 6 while D1 Softball has them at No. 7. In both polls, the Gophers are the top-ranked Big 10 squad.

Looking forward to seeing where other polls have the ladies in the buildup to the season.
This should be another fun season.

Great to see them getting respect nationwide. Hope that pays off in them winning lots of games vs. ranked teams and taking the BIG title.

Top Bottom