Gopher Softball 2020

I think they are all very good, but I do not have access to any ratings or rankings of the players. Unfortunately, there are no pitchers in this group.

Claire Ceynowa - OF
Jenna Beckstrom - IF

Some observations for the non-MN players:
Sara Kinch - C Tall, rangy catcher - good hitter as well
Mackenzie Denson - OF with great speed. Sounds like an Ellee Jensen type of player
Riley Costa - 3B power hitter

Local or out of state clubs?

I think they are all very good, but I do not have access to any ratings or rankings of the players. Unfortunately, there are no pitchers in this group.

Claire Ceynowa - OF
Jenna Beckstrom - IF

Some observations for the non-MN players:
Sara Kinch - C Tall, rangy catcher - good hitter as well
Mackenzie Denson - OF with great speed. Sounds like an Ellee Jensen type of player
Riley Costa - 3B power hitter

Thanks! Sounds promising. A tall, rangy top-flight ss, who covers lots of ground, would be great to get.

With no pitchers in this group, I want to believe they must have a pitch transfer lined up. One who will have at least two years of eligibility.

Or perhaps trying to turn McKayla Armbruster (MSU Mankato) or Ava Dueck (Augustana)?

Two transfers announced. I wondered if/when we'd hear something!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Autumn Pease pitched 121 innings as a freshman, the most on the team, for a 2.36 ERA. Per game ERA vs. power five teams plus Boise State which was a tough team:

Team/Game ERA/Innings Pitched:
Louisville 0.00 / 7.0
Northwestern 2.33 / 3.0
Nebraska 3.32 / 6.1
Ohio State 7.00 / 6.0
Washington 2.62 / 2.2
Boise State 2.33 / 3.0

Or perhaps trying to turn McKayla Armbruster (MSU Mankato) or Ava Dueck (Augustana)?

Very surprised they didn't get Dueck unless she just isn't good enough for D1. Haven't had her Speed team yet at any tournaments

I'm guessing Pease will see plenty of action immediately. Not sure about Vande Heide, but it's never a bad thing to have another outfielder.

All and all, appears the team stacks up pretty well for next season.

Nice to have some competition for #2 pitcher, still not great only having 3 pitchers on the roster with Carlie just as an emergency option. Get Pease and Kianna most of the fall innings

Nice to have some competition for #2 pitcher, still not great only having 3 pitchers on the roster with Carlie just as an emergency option. Get Pease and Kianna most of the fall innings

What about Rachel Lowary? Is she gone? Did I miss something? I understand she's been banged up in her career, but did she leave the program?

What about Rachel Lowary? Is she gone? Did I miss something? I understand she's been banged up in her career, but did she leave the program?

She's still with the team afaik, but given she couldn't throw this year and all her shoulder surgeries I'd be surprised if she pitches again or is effective. Seems like a medical retirement to keep the scholarship but not count it against team would be best both ways

hitting pitcher

Just saw that Kianna Jones has been pitching (we knew that) and hitting for the Canadian team. It would be nice to have a pitcher that can hit. Should free up some substitutions for other areas.

Anne Miller? Do you care to explain?

Instagram post

dear softball,
this is coming two years earlier than i would’ve thought which is a surprise to you and me both. you have taught me more about myself than anything else i have ever done. you have taught me to be strong, self confident, to stand up for myself, pain, triumph, and to be fierce among other things. now you are teaching me to let go. of expectations, of what others think, and that sometimes when you look down and see white knuckles it’s time to let go. i am forever indebted to and i’m so thankful for my gopher family and other sisters i have gained to get to this point. it’s bittersweet but i’m excited for the exploration of my life.
love,
anne

Nicole Newman joining staff as graduate manager, Michael moves to volunteer assistant and Alyssa to graduate manager

Nicole Newman joining staff as graduate manager, Michael moves to volunteer assistant and Alyssa to graduate manager
Well, that's a cool development. Always good to have another elite former pitcher around. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Anyone attend the games Sat. If you have anything to report it would be welcome. Especially anything on the two new pitchers

Anyone attend the games Sat. If you have anything to report it would be welcome. Especially anything on the two new pitchers

I was there for the first game and two innings of the second. As expected, Fiser was awesome! Hope hit a line shot home run. Emily Hansen looked good at the plate (home run and double during the play I saw). Carly played short. Only saw Autumn (Idaho State transfer) pitch a couple of innings in situational conditions. I thought she did well. I did not see Jones pitch. Jones played in the outfield while I was watching.

Autumn pitched well enough, but she didn't seem to have Amber's stuff, nor does she seem to throw as hard. It will be interesting to see Kianna pitch; I'm hoping she's another pitcher at Groenewegen and Fiser's ability.

Looks like the Gophs will have a crosstown D1 competitor.

Coach Tschida is highly regarded in the softball community. Up to the D1 task?

Looks like the Gophs will have a crosstown D1 competitor.

Coach Tschida is highly regarded in the softball community. Up to the D1 task?

I do hope they give him a chance to coach at the D-I level. Schools sometimes "upgrade" their staffs when they make the move.

Top Bottom