Gopher Softball 2020

Hearing Hannah Bailey is in the portal so there is likely some money available.

Some of that money may have gone to Delanie Cox since she was a late addition to the program as a recruit. Not sure on the exact timing of Lindaman bailing, but Cox officially signed her letter on Feb. 6. So I'm not sure what is left over in terms of money.

In terms of being attractive to transfers, the U was has been able to attract Finucane, Smith and Brandner in recent years, so it wouldn't be at all surprising if the ladies picked up a big-time transfer between now and next year. Who that could be is anybody's guess, but it would follow an established trend of getting good transfers from the portal.

There's one of the two I expected. No surprise there for out of state and no path to playing time, good sign that she must be aware Kianna or a transfer would beat her out for #2

Last edited:

There's one of the two I expected. No surprise there for out of state and no path to playing time, good sign that she must be aware Kianna or a transfer would beat her out for #2

I am interested in Lowary. She can't pitch. I think the U can honor her scholly and still not count it if they medically drop her. Am I wrong?

Wouldn't be surprising all things considered. Things change fast nowadays since the portal has opened the floodgates on college's version of free agency.

I just wasn't sure how much of Lindaman's money was left over after Cox signed.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

You are correct on Lowary. If she cannot be medically cleared to play she would keep her “scholarship” however that money would not count against the 12 equivalent scholarships that are available for the team. Essentially an insurance policy is paying for any assistance she would receive going forward.

I am interested in Lowary. She can't pitch. I think the U can honor her scholly and still not count it if they medically drop her. Am I wrong?

How does one find this mythical portal.?

Unfortunately the portal is not open to the public. It is only available to a NCAA school’s compliance office (they are responsible for entering transfers) and ONE contact email from each sport’s staff. Usually that is an assistant coach who checks the portal frequently for updates. A school can also register a generic email address so multiple people can log in.

How does one find this mythical portal.?
Fastpitchnews is somehow keeping a list available to paid subscribers. I'll try to insert screenshots as of today.

14cce162b68cfba5367185af34601d1c.jpg
db3b0653d7314844fbd295074eeb1bda.jpg
ae15aa98440a70045869cab03c48240f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Would Hannah be a full or half scholarship? I'd figure probably only half

Just an FYI, Softball America is also tracking the portal and has a list available to view.

Just about every prominent school as at least one player in the portal currently. Interesting to look at if you have the time.

link: https://www.softballamerica.com/stories/ncaa-softball-division-i-transfer-tracker/

Mariah Lopez, Jr. pitcher at Oklahoma, seems to be the big surprise on that list. I see Tim Walton grabbed another BG10 team's top young players in Charla Echols. Those sixth grade recruits of his must not always work out.

Last edited:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Stevie Wisz having her third heart surgery today the outfielder from UCLA

Heard from a 16u player at the S&C showcase that the Gophers, Washington, Florida, and others all had eyes on an Iowa 16U pitcher today (can't remember the team). Supposedly blowing smoke at close to 70 mph.

Correction. It might have been the Nebraska Premier team, not Iowa.

Last edited:

Hannah Bailey found a home at Boise State. Good for her. A great kid and a great family.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hannah Bailey found a home at Boise State. Good for her. A great kid and a great family.

So Jamie has the Lindaman and Bailey scholarships to burn. I hope she can use the success of last year to bring in a really good pitcher off the portal. She also now has three roster spots to work with.

So Jamie has the Lindaman and Bailey scholarships to burn. I hope she can use the success of last year to bring in a really good pitcher off the portal. She also now has three roster spots to work with.

Nr2 pitcher, a tall, rangy speedy ss, and another power hitter will really help.

Anyone know if Gophers going out to Colorado for recruiting? Hopefully will be unless they're focusing on transfers still

USA vs Japan ESPN2 right now...SOFTBALL INTERNATIONAL in Columbus, GA

Whoa.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whoa.

Keep winning and all is good. Start losing and people start pointing fingers.

When do the recruits usually start committing. I know we have Jenna Beckstrom from Lakeville North and Clare Ceynowa from Brainerd for the 2020 class. We have some big pieces to the roster to replace that year. Lets hope the trip to the CWS will show some recruiting rewards.

Other 2020 commits are Sara Kinch, Mackenzie Denson, and Riley Costa.

Kinch and Denson were mentioned in a post in one of the softball threads - can't find it now. Costa - the most recent commit - just popped up on one of my google searches.

Kinch and Denson were mentioned in a post in one of the softball threads - can't find it now. Costa - the most recent commit - just popped up on one of my google searches.

What's known about the quality of talent?

I think they are all very good, but I do not have access to any ratings or rankings of the players. Unfortunately, there are no pitchers in this group.

Claire Ceynowa - OF
Jenna Beckstrom - IF

Some observations for the non-MN players:
Sara Kinch - C Tall, rangy catcher - good hitter as well
Mackenzie Denson - OF with great speed. Sounds like an Ellee Jensen type of player
Riley Costa - 3B power hitter

Last edited:

Top Bottom