Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Stevie Wisz having her third heart surgery today the outfielder from UCLA

Heard from a 16u player at the S&C showcase that the Gophers, Washington, Florida, and others all had eyes on an Iowa 16U pitcher today (can't remember the team). Supposedly blowing smoke at close to 70 mph.

Correction. It might have been the Nebraska Premier team, not Iowa.
    Last edited by Panthadad2; 06-21-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Hannah Bailey found a home at Boise State. Good for her. A great kid and a great family.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rugger14; 07-01-2019 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rugger14 View Post
    Hannah Bailey found a home at Boise State. Good for her. A great kid and a great family.

So Jamie has the Lindaman and Bailey scholarships to burn. I hope she can use the success of last year to bring in a really good pitcher off the portal. She also now has three roster spots to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by ComoGopher View Post
    So Jamie has the Lindaman and Bailey scholarships to burn. I hope she can use the success of last year to bring in a really good pitcher off the portal. She also now has three roster spots to work with.
    Nr2 pitcher, a tall, rangy speedy ss, and another power hitter will really help.

Anyone know if Gophers going out to Colorado for recruiting? Hopefully will be unless they're focusing on transfers still

USA vs Japan ESPN2 right now...SOFTBALL INTERNATIONAL in Columbus, GA

Whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthadad2 View Post
    Whoa.

Keep winning and all is good. Start losing and people start pointing fingers.

When do the recruits usually start committing. I know we have Jenna Beckstrom from Lakeville North and Clare Ceynowa from Brainerd for the 2020 class. We have some big pieces to the roster to replace that year. Lets hope the trip to the CWS will show some recruiting rewards.

Other 2020 commits are Sara Kinch, Mackenzie Denson, and Riley Costa.

Default recruits

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher68 View Post
    Other 2020 commits are Sara Kinch, Mackenzie Denson, and Riley Costa.
    Where did you find this info?

Kinch and Denson were mentioned in a post in one of the softball threads - can't find it now. Costa - the most recent commit - just popped up on one of my google searches.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher68 View Post
    Kinch and Denson were mentioned in a post in one of the softball threads - can't find it now. Costa - the most recent commit - just popped up on one of my google searches.
    What's known about the quality of talent?

I think they are all very good, but I do not have access to any ratings or rankings of the players. Unfortunately, there are no pitchers in this group.

Claire Ceynowa - OF
    Jenna Beckstrom - IF

Some observations for the non-MN players:
    Sara Kinch - C Tall, rangy catcher - good hitter as well
    Mackenzie Denson - OF with great speed. Sounds like an Ellee Jensen type of player
    Riley Costa - 3B power hitter
    Last edited by Gopher68; 07-15-2019 at 11:08 AM.