Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher68 View Post
    I think they are all very good, but I do not have access to any ratings or rankings of the players. Unfortunately, there are no pitchers in this group.

Claire Ceynowa - OF
    Jenna Beckstrom - IF

Some observations for the non-MN players:
    Sara Kinch - C Tall, rangy catcher - good hitter as well
    Mackenzie Denson - OF with great speed. Sounds like an Ellee Jensen type of player
    Riley Costa - 3B power hitter
    Local or out of state clubs?

Kinch and Costa are both from CA and play for different club teams. Denson is from TX.
    Recent article on Sara: https://www.flosoftball.com/articles...nt-of-the-game
    Last edited by Gopher68; 07-15-2019 at 11:51 AM.

I think they are all very good, but I do not have access to any ratings or rankings of the players. Unfortunately, there are no pitchers in this group.

Claire Ceynowa - OF
    Jenna Beckstrom - IF

Some observations for the non-MN players:
    Sara Kinch - C Tall, rangy catcher - good hitter as well
    Mackenzie Denson - OF with great speed. Sounds like an Ellee Jensen type of player
    Riley Costa - 3B power hitter
    Thanks! Sounds promising. A tall, rangy top-flight ss, who covers lots of ground, would be great to get.

With no pitchers in this group, I want to believe they must have a pitch transfer lined up. One who will have at least two years of eligibility.

Or perhaps trying to turn McKayla Armbruster (MSU Mankato) or Ava Dueck (Augustana)?

Two transfers announced. I wondered if/when we'd hear something!

Autumn Pease pitched 121 innings as a freshman, the most on the team, for a 2.36 ERA. Per game ERA vs. power five teams plus Boise State which was a tough team:

Team/Game ERA/Innings Pitched:
    Louisville 0.00 / 7.0
    Northwestern 2.33 / 3.0
    Nebraska 3.32 / 6.1
    Ohio State 7.00 / 6.0
    Washington 2.62 / 2.2
    Boise State 2.33 / 3.0

Or perhaps trying to turn McKayla Armbruster (MSU Mankato) or Ava Dueck (Augustana)?
    Very surprised they didn't get Dueck unless she just isn't good enough for D1. Haven't had her Speed team yet at any tournaments

I'm guessing Pease will see plenty of action immediately. Not sure about Vande Heide, but it's never a bad thing to have another outfielder.

All and all, appears the team stacks up pretty well for next season.

Nice to have some competition for #2 pitcher, still not great only having 3 pitchers on the roster with Carlie just as an emergency option. Get Pease and Kianna most of the fall innings

Quote Originally Posted by rowdaboat View Post
    Nice to have some competition for #2 pitcher, still not great only having 3 pitchers on the roster with Carlie just as an emergency option. Get Pease and Kianna most of the fall innings
    What about Rachel Lowary? Is she gone? Did I miss something? I understand she's been banged up in her career, but did she leave the program?

Quote Originally Posted by MRJ View Post
    What about Rachel Lowary? Is she gone? Did I miss something? I understand she's been banged up in her career, but did she leave the program?
    She's still with the team afaik, but given she couldn't throw this year and all her shoulder surgeries I'd be surprised if she pitches again or is effective. Seems like a medical retirement to keep the scholarship but not count it against team would be best both ways

Schedule for the first tourney of the year, Feb 7-9.

https://nfca.org/web_docs/2020D1LOC/...f-Schedule.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by MNsoftballfan View Post
    Schedule for the first tourney of the year, Feb 7-9.

https://nfca.org/web_docs/2020D1LOC/...f-Schedule.pdf
    Just saw your post now. That's a decent way to start. An SEC super regional team from 2019, SEC NCAA tourney team, ACC team, and a couple mid-majors. In a good location too.

Default hitting pitcher

Just saw that Kianna Jones has been pitching (we knew that) and hitting for the Canadian team. It would be nice to have a pitcher that can hit. Should free up some substitutions for other areas.