Changing the culture: Minnesota football sets program record for cumulative GPA

Well since you don’t believe what you post I guess that makes you a hater....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In GH logic when it comes to Fleck, I think it actually makes Spoofin a Fleckster.

I like how the word culture was thrown in and immediately triggered the usual suspects

I like how the word culture was thrown in and immediately triggered the usual suspects

I'm not a big fan of that word if only because it is so nebulous that it gets used for filler for everything and excuse to just spread stuff all over people who aren't involved.

Like some guy in my office did some stupid ****.... nobody is talking about the culture in our office, that guy just ****ed up.

Well that isn't very nice.

GleamingSmoggyClingfish.gif

You pretty much raised all the arguments for discussion and answered them yourself - good job. I’m not sure why it’s ok to look at a future schedule and say that hey, that looks like an easier than usual schedule but it’s not ok to say a schedule was easier than usual in retrospect. I like to deal in reality. It doesn’t bother me and it’s ok to admit something isn’t as good as it looks.

Yes, quality of classes and type of degree matters to me. Are we comparing apples to oranges between programs - inter and intra? If my kid is filling his schedule with “junk” and is not pursuing a marketable degree then as a parent I’d step in and mentor my child (they may not listen, but that’s part of the deal and granted sometimes passion wins out over economic sense...)

This is a good reminder of why I rarely venture into GH football. There sure are some insufferable posters on here. I’m sure your kid feels lucky to have a parent who wouldn’t be happy for them getting good grades regardless of which classes they took.

Dude - the only posts I’ve made on this thread have been 1)Congratulating the team on this accomplishment; and 2)saying I like the idea of mailing out these results to fans. Not sure how I could have been any more positive?

Oh, there was this part..."Not a great example of culture change as Grades were high when PJ arrived".

This is a good reminder of why I rarely venture into GH football. There sure are some insufferable posters on here. I’m sure your kid feels lucky to have a parent who wouldn’t be happy for them getting good grades regardless of which classes they took.

I believe in challenging people to shoot higher. Sometimes that hurts feelings but ultimately it’s in that person’s best interest. Is there something about your childhood you’d like to share with all of us?

I believe in challenging people to shoot higher. Sometimes that hurts feelings but ultimately it’s in that person’s best interest. Is there something about your childhood you’d like to share with all of us?

Sure, people shouldn't settle for less than their best. That we can agree on. But that simply doesn't mean that we can't commend the Gopher football team and be proud of their achievement.

I find it comical that you would insinuate someone you've never met had childhood issues. It suggests a lot about your character, which seems to be in line with your other posts in this thread. I'm sure you've got more to say, but it's pretty apparent what type of person you are, so there's no purpose in further discussion and I'm just going to let you have the last word.

Pot meet kettle? You are awfully hostile over something incredibly minor. It says a lot about your character and personality.

I never put down the players. They’re on track to graduate and that’s always commendable. I don’t know the significance of the tenths and hundredths of the GPA numbers particularly when it’s held up as a change from before but it’s fair I may be alone in questioning what the baseline situation was. Agree to disagree.

Also, I’m NOT saying this is the case but when arbitrary metric goals are set that ALWAYS skews incentives and results in unintended consequences. In this case if the AD sets a GPA goal that may incentivize the staff to steer players to “easier” degrees. Again, not saying that’s the case here but food for thought.

Oh, there was this part..."Not a great example of culture change as Grades were high when PJ arrived".
Accept they were high when Fleck arrived, at the time they had never been higher. Kudos to Fleck for building on it, but let's not pretend that part of the culture needed to be fixed. Actually grades saw big improvement in years 2-3 under Brewster. Fell off in year four once Brew got fired and the rest of the staff saw the writing on the wall and didn't enforce anything. The Nason years were brutal though academically, didn't exactly help him earn brownie points in the end

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dude - I purposely left that part out

What a joke. Editing to mislead is dishonest, BTW. Let’s look at the full post and tell me again it is negative. Get a life.

Not a great example of culture change as Grades were high when PJ arrived - but a great accomplishment none-the-less. Congrats to the boys!

New program record! 3.17... lol

That's pretty abysmal to be honest.
I know it's higher than a lot of programs but a low B average isn't getting you a good job these days.

I know it's higher than a lot of programs but a low B average isn't getting you a good job these days.
3.17 with the unique experience of playing big ten football can get you a job. Maybe not as a research scientist, but there are jobs that's would value that experience.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

3.17 with the unique experience of playing big ten football can get you a job. Maybe not as a research scientist, but there are jobs that's would value that experience.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Shows you can multi-task with multiple major commitments. When I was in college I only needed to juggle studying and drinking most of the time.

Worst take of this thread, and that's saying something!

I ve never been asked what my GPA was in an interview, nor have I ever asked. No one gives a ****

I ve never been asked what my GPA was in an interview, nor have I ever asked. No one gives a ****

I'm guessing it's been awhile since you've been in school. Most good white collar jobs won't touch graduates without a good internship and 3.5+ GPA.

What a joke. Editing to mislead is dishonest, BTW. Let’s look at the full post and tell me again it is negative. Get a life.

My apologies, I just thought maybe you accidentally edited that important part out and I just wanted to help you out.

I'm guessing it's been awhile since you've been in school. Most good white collar jobs won't touch graduates without a good internship and 3.5+ GPA.

Depends on the major. Depends on your definition of good white collar job. IME Lots of Engineers graduating and working at good jobs ~3.0 range. Companies like 3M can hold out for for top GPA's and post grad degrees, but lots of hungry companies out there need engineers too and those aren't ditch digging jobs.

Great job, PJ.

Love how he's taking the development of our players to a new height.

I was never asked about GPA when interviewing for a job.

Depends on the major. Depends on your definition of good white collar job. IME Lots of Engineers graduating and working at good jobs ~3.0 range. Companies like 3M can hold out for for top GPA's and post grad degrees, but lots of hungry companies out there need engineers too and those aren't ditch digging jobs.

Yeah the GPA thing is very much a narrow subset of jobs where anyone gives a damn.

Ten years, so yes, it was also a ****ty market when I graduated, now there aren't enough candidates to go around. Said nothing about internships or experience, that's what people look at at the end of the day. Maybe you put your GPA on when your 21 and a Greenhorn, but at 31 and ten years removed no one cares about my degree and GPA, IAM in a completely different field than I we for. It's all about your experience. Also it's more important where you went to school than how you did. 3.5 or any GPA at NDSU or Manghetto is not gonna get you in the door like a degree from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan etc I have one account who tells me they won't hire someone if there not a Johnny, Tommy or from one of the Sister schools. Narrows the scope a bit

My apologies, I just thought maybe you accidentally edited<b> that important part </b>out and I just wanted to help you out.

I see, not good enough to just think this is an awesome accomplishment. It needs to be both an awesome accomplishment and a seismic change from the past - otherwise, a negative.

Spoofin hates me. I feel like one of the guys now.

Top Bottom