Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FredCoxRocks View Post
    Oh, there was this part..."Not a great example of culture change as Grades were high when PJ arrived".
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGopher View Post
    Dude - I purposely left that part out
    What a joke. Editing to mislead is dishonest, BTW. Let’s look at the full post and tell me again it is negative. Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Not a great example of culture change as Grades were high when PJ arrived - but a great accomplishment none-the-less. Congrats to the boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

New program record! 3.17... lol

That's pretty abysmal to be honest.
    I know it's higher than a lot of programs but a low B average isn't getting you a good job these days.

Quote Originally Posted by hello-world View Post

I know it's higher than a lot of programs but a low B average isn't getting you a good job these days.
    3.17 with the unique experience of playing big ten football can get you a job. Maybe not as a research scientist, but there are jobs that's would value that experience.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    3.17 with the unique experience of playing big ten football can get you a job. Maybe not as a research scientist, but there are jobs that's would value that experience.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Shows you can multi-task with multiple major commitments. When I was in college I only needed to juggle studying and drinking most of the time.

Blog Entries

Worst take of this thread, and that's saying something!

I ve never been asked what my GPA was in an interview, nor have I ever asked. No one gives a ****

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    I ve never been asked what my GPA was in an interview, nor have I ever asked. No one gives a ****

I'm guessing it's been awhile since you've been in school. Most good white collar jobs won't touch graduates without a good internship and 3.5+ GPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    What a joke. Editing to mislead is dishonest, BTW. Let’s look at the full post and tell me again it is negative. Get a life.

My apologies, I just thought maybe you accidentally edited that important part out and I just wanted to help you out.

I'm guessing it's been awhile since you've been in school. Most good white collar jobs won't touch graduates without a good internship and 3.5+ GPA.
    Depends on the major. Depends on your definition of good white collar job. IME Lots of Engineers graduating and working at good jobs ~3.0 range. Companies like 3M can hold out for for top GPA's and post grad degrees, but lots of hungry companies out there need engineers too and those aren't ditch digging jobs.

Great job, PJ.

Love how he's taking the development of our players to a new height.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

I was never asked about GPA when interviewing for a job.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by LakerFan View Post
    Depends on the major. Depends on your definition of good white collar job. IME Lots of Engineers graduating and working at good jobs ~3.0 range. Companies like 3M can hold out for for top GPA's and post grad degrees, but lots of hungry companies out there need engineers too and those aren't ditch digging jobs.
    Yeah the GPA thing is very much a narrow subset of jobs where anyone gives a damn.

Ten years, so yes, it was also a ****ty market when I graduated, now there aren't enough candidates to go around. Said nothing about internships or experience, that's what people look at at the end of the day. Maybe you put your GPA on when your 21 and a Greenhorn, but at 31 and ten years removed no one cares about my degree and GPA, IAM in a completely different field than I we for. It's all about your experience. Also it's more important where you went to school than how you did. 3.5 or any GPA at NDSU or Manghetto is not gonna get you in the door like a degree from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan etc I have one account who tells me they won't hire someone if there not a Johnny, Tommy or from one of the Sister schools. Narrows the scope a bit

Quote Originally Posted by FredCoxRocks View Post
    My apologies, I just thought maybe you accidentally edited that important part out and I just wanted to help you out.
    I see, not good enough to just think this is an awesome accomplishment. It needs to be both an awesome accomplishment and a seismic change from the past - otherwise, a negative.

Spoofin hates me. I feel like one of the guys now.