21 Penn State
34 Michigan
44 Iowa
50 Rutgers
55 Indiana
70 Nebraska
73 Minnesota
150 Northwestern

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

Returning: Eric Curry, Gabe Kalscheur, Daniel Oturu, Jarvis Omersa, Marcus Carr, Michael Hurt, Payton Willis
· Arriving: Tre Williams (247Composite No. 128), Sam Freeman (247Composite No. 390), Aliham Demir (grad transfer from Drexel), Isaiah Inhen (Not ranked in 247Composite, international prospect)
· Departing: Amir Coffey (NBA draft), Jordan Murphy (graduation), Isiah Washington (transfer), Dupree McBrayer (graduation), Brock Stull (graduation), Matz Stockman (graduation)

Notes: Coffey is staying in the draft and it is a significant blow for the Gophers, who are now without their three best players from last season.

Kudos to whoever this guy is for putting together all of this information, but based on this last note, it is easy to tell that his depth is paper thin. McBrayer is a great kid but he was nowhere near one of our top three players. Kalscheur and Oturu were both easily more valuable. I think this guy is way out of whack with his analysis of where the Gophers stand.

Returning: Eric Curry, Gabe Kalscheur, Daniel Oturu, Jarvis Omersa, Marcus Carr, Michael Hurt, Payton Willis
· Arriving: Tre Williams (247Composite No. 128), Sam Freeman (247Composite No. 390), Aliham Demir (grad transfer from Drexel), Isaiah Inhen (Not ranked in 247Composite, international prospect)
· Departing: Amir Coffey (NBA draft), Jordan Murphy (graduation), Isiah Washington (transfer), Dupree McBrayer (graduation), Brock Stull (graduation), Matz Stockman (graduation)

Notes: Coffey is staying in the draft and it is a significant blow for the Gophers, who are now without their three best players from last season.

Kudos to whoever this guy is for putting together all of this information, but based on this last note, it is easy to tell that his depth is paper thin. McBrayer is a great kid but he was nowhere near one of our top three players. Kalscheur and Oturu were both easily more valuable. I think this guy is way out of whack with his analysis of where the Gophers stand.

Agree that our third best player was either Gabe or Oturu, so that's off a bit.

The #73 doesn't surprise me that much, but having the Gophers 13th of 14 (at this point) certainly does.

He's a good follow, though. Once the season starts I trust his stuff over KenPom.

McBrayer is a great kid but he was nowhere near one of our top three players. Kalscheur and Oturu were both easily more valuable. I think this guy is way out of whack with his analysis of where the Gophers stand.

+o4

I don't understand all the love Wisconsin continues to get, they missed the tournament with an all American player 2 years ago and lost to a 12 seed last year with him. They lose that player going into next year, and the only pieces they have added in those past 2 years is grey shirt center with no other D1 offers, a former 3 star center transfer who saw little time at his former B1G school, and a 3 star SF who's rating kept dropping throughout the season.

They have one good player in reuvers, 2 extremely inconsistent players in trice and Davison, and 2 players who have good games every blue moon in Kobe and Pritzl. And everyone else is walkon type players.

I just have a hard time seeing a team who struggled to take advantage of a good passing player being double/triple teamed constantly, all of sudden being a good scoring team without him, especially since they have added no one in the past 2 years

I don't understand all the love Wisconsin continues to get, they missed the tournament with an all American player 2 years ago and lost to a 12 seed last year with him. They lose that player going into next year, and the only pieces they have added in those past 2 years is grey shirt center with no other D1 offers, a former 3 star center transfer who saw little time at his former B1G school, and a 3 star SF who's rating kept dropping throughout the season.

They have one good player in reuvers, 2 extremely inconsistent players in trice and Davison, and 2 players who have good games every blue moon in Kobe and Pritzl. And everyone else is walkon type players.

I just have a hard time seeing a team who struggled to take advantage of a good passing player being double/triple teamed constantly, all of sudden being a good scoring team without him, especially since they have added no one in the past 2 years

All more than fair points.

I would answer with, historically (circa Bo years +), no matter what Wisconsin has personnel-wise, Badgers aren't going to beat themselves very often. They don't turn it over, and they make you beat them. In terms of season projections I tend to trust a program like that more than I'm gonna' trust programs like the Gophers and Iowa. Hopefully, that's starting to change a bit.

Wisky doesn't have much depth but their top 8 I think at this point are better than the Gophers, their front court with Ruevers and Potter are going to be better than Oturo and anybody Minnesota starts, back court without Coffey makes the matchups with Wisconsin tough, Trice, Davison, King, Priztl, and Wahl are pretty decent, time will tell but I doubt Minnesota will be as good.

Last edited:

Wisky doesn't have much depth but their top 8 I think at this point are better than the Gophers, their front court with Ruevers and Potter are going to be better than Oturo and anybody Minnesota starts, back court without Coffey makes the matchups with Wisconsin tough, Trice, Davison, King, Priztl, and Wahl are pretty decent, time will tell but I doubt Minnesota will be as good.

Put me in the camp that has no idea how the Gophers will do next year, just way too many new pieces and unknowns for me to speculate, that is why I stayed away from comparing the Badgers to the Gophers, which is what you are implying I did, what I was trying to say is how does this guy rank the Badgers 20th in the country when that is around where they finished the season last year and that is with an All-American player who won't be with them next year and they are also losing another starter from that team all while adding pretty much nothing in the past 2 recruiting classes.

Oturu is in for a huge sophomore year. Has been able to get in the weight room this off season to add muscle which he couldn't do last summer/fall coming off surgery. You can put 4 guards with Oturu and the Gopher frontcourt will still be better than Reuvers and Potter. If we are drafting teams with both rosters the first 3 players gone are Oturu, Carr, and Kalscheur.

Agreed, I'd have them around 10 or 11.

Oturu is in for a huge sophomore year. Has been able to get in the weight room this off season to add muscle which he couldn't do last summer/fall coming off surgery. You can put 4 guards with Oturu and the Gopher frontcourt will still be better than Reuvers and Potter. If we are drafting teams with both rosters the first 3 players gone are Oturu, Carr, and Kalscheur.
I'd put Reuvers second or third, tough call between him and Gabe, I think I'd take Carr 4th though. He can get buckets, hopefully he can defend

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Put me in the camp that has no idea how the Gophers will do next year, just way too many new pieces and unknowns for me to speculate, that is why I stayed away from comparing the Badgers to the Gophers, which is what you are implying I did, what I was trying to say is how does this guy rank the Badgers 20th in the country when that is around where they finished the season last year and that is with an All-American player who won't be with them next year and they are also losing another starter from that team all while adding pretty much nothing in the past 2 recruiting classes.

Torvik’s ratings are like KenPom. They are not perfect (nothing is) but opinions don’t really matter in these ratings.

They supposedly will have a bunch of efficient offensive players that play good defense. However, a flaw in any rating system can be how losing Happ affects those players. It’s very possible that Davison and Trice shoot even worse having to force shots, but these ratings are not some ESPN guy’s opinion, they’re a predictive model.

Last edited:

Agree that our third best player was either Gabe or Oturu, so that's off a bit.

The #73 doesn't surprise me that much, but having the Gophers 13th of 14 (at this point) certainly does.

He's a good follow, though. Once the season starts I trust his stuff over KenPom.

Love them both. They both had nearly the same in the top 12 but Kenpom had UVA and like most champions you need to be top 20 in offense and defense. UVA was top 5 in both offense and defense.

Top Bottom