Start Times for Three Home Games Announced

Anyone actually attending the games who prefers an 11 AM kick is a selfish prick. That's the worst time for college football by far, one 11 AM kick per season is fine but that's it.
I agree with your hatred of 11am games but it's a bit much to call people selfish ps for liking them. But yes 11am games are awful. Does that make me selfish to like afternoon games?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I love 11am games. No waiting around. Morning drinking. The rest of the day to do what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for doing your part to keep it going! :)

Yeah. I guess I'll say that in 22 years I've never worried about game times. I've just showed up, tailgated, and watched the games. I guess I'm in the minority.

Yeah. I guess I'll say that in 22 years I've never worried about game times. I've just showed up, tailgated, and watched the games. I guess I'm in the minority.
It can be an issue if your kids have Saturday activities.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

But if you're a serious season ticket holder living in metro and bitch about the above schedule, then I don't know what to tell you.
I guess that's my problem, I'm not serious nor am I a season ticket holder.

with game times, It's personal for each fan. everyone's situation is a little different.

In my case, I usually have to work Saturday mornings, and I have a hard time getting my work done and getting home in time for an 11am kickoff. So, my choice is either to miss the start of the game, or go back to work after the game to finish up. Neither option is appealing to me, so I prefer the later starts.

Actually, if it was up to me, all the games would be night games. that gives me the day to run errands, work, do whatever, enjoy the game Saturday night, and sleep in Sunday morning (which is the only day of the week I don't work).

But, what I like is not what someone else may like. In the end, I don't make the decision. I can only adjust to someone else's decision.

Are they strict about the 1hr thing?

For night games, the security folks usually cruise through the lots about 11:30pm and tell us that we need to shut it down by midnight. Then they come back around midnight and, as long as we are packing up, they don't say any more. We could go to the bars after that, but we usually have kids with us (yes, even at midnight), so that isn't usually an option.

For night games, the security folks usually cruise through the lots about 11:30pm and tell us that we need to shut it down by midnight. Then they come back around midnight and, as long as we are packing up, they don't say any more. We could go to the bars after that, but we usually have kids with us (yes, even at midnight), so that isn't usually an option.

I'm in 37, late games I see a few folks hang out but I never actually see security.....but then again they don't have much reason to talk to me anyway.

Anyone actually attending the games who prefers an 11 AM kick is a selfish prick. That's the worst time for college football by far, one 11 AM kick per season is fine but that's it.

For November games, I prefer by far 11am kick-offs. Better chance of sun and a few degrees warmer. If the weather turns out nice, can do a post-game tailgate while it's still daylight.

If that's selfish, so be it.

5 fuquin pages. 5.

As most would expect on a message board, some people like the recently announced game times, others don't, and a discussion began on the best time for games and Saturday rituals. If you're not interested in the topic, I certainly understand that. However, you've apparently read through five pages and 63 comments and posted not once but twice and to announce it's not a worthy topic.

Do you find that odd? I find that odd.

As most would expect on a message board, some people like the recently announced game times, others don't, and a discussion began on the best time for games and Saturday rituals. If you're not interested in the topic, I certainly understand that. However, you've apparently read through five pages and 63 comments and posted not once but twice and to announce it's not a worthy topic.

Do you find that odd? I find that odd.

I find it odd that he complains more than the people he claims are complaining.

I guess that's my problem, I'm not serious nor am I a season ticket holder.

giphy.gif

Prediction:

The student section will have a lot of students!

Yes I know i'm playing with a loaded deck predicting student attendance for that game.

My oldest will be a freshmen at the U this year. She already has her maroon and gold bibs. She will be there.

I would think that most agree, the perfect kick-off time would be 1pm. Allows plenty of pre-game time, no need to rush at the daybreak, still light out for post game (until late November) & still have the night to do whatever or travel back. However, for the past 15-20 years every Saturday game is in the 11am, 2:30-3 or Prime Time window. No such thing as a 1pm Central kick.

Now that there are 14 Big 10 teams (as many as 7 conference games) and multiple TV partners (Fox, FS1, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and BTN), I wonder why they don't choose to stagger some of the times more. Why limit Big 10 viewers to 3 windows? 11am game over or blow-out, switch the channel to see another potentially competitive game in the 2nd half or just starting?

I will pass on my suggestion to B1G Jim's successor, Mr Warren.

Top Bottom