Start Times for Three Home Games Announced

I love that opening home Thursday game. I always take that day off work and Friday as well and enjoy the late summer weather knowing it will change in a few weeks.

Realizing that not everyone has paid time off at work, or flexibility but most do, and I have hard time using up all of my PTO hours every year, so why most bitch about these Thursday games, I do not know. Just take the damn day off work or at least take the afternoon off. Better yet, start at 6AM and leave around 2. Problem solved

Sometimes I think people just like to complain.

I find the whining about the BTN basketball start times to be an example of this whining.

Apparently a 6PM start and and and 8PM start are the end of the world, but somehow the magical 7PM is just so great. Going to bed one hour late is going lead to what? Death? Explosive pooping? As far as 6PM starts, leaving a bit early to get to a game is going to change our lives for the worst? Get over it, and alter your plans a bit.

You've got it figured out without even answering the questions. Minnesotans love to bitch. Its mesmerizing.

How many Minnesotans does it take to change a lightbulb? 10. One to change the lightbulb and nine to complain that the other guy did it better.

Thursday game is terrible, but given that it is what it is, 8:00 start is nice because however much working take off, I will get a couple extra tailgate hours in.

Thursday game is terrible, but given that it is what it is, 8:00 start is nice because however much working take off, I will get a couple extra tailgate hours in.

I'd feel better about start times if the 8 choice was because people work.... but that's not how they choose these times.

11:00 is the best start time, leaves the rest of the day for activities and you can either bask in the glory of victory or distract yourself from the agony of defeat.
Night starts are second best, gives you the morning to mow the lawn or tailgate or whatever you want to do
2:30 starts are the worst, eats up the entire day.

11:00 is the best start time, leaves the rest of the day for activities and you can either bask in the glory of victory or distract yourself from the agony of defeat.
Night starts are second best, gives you the morning to mow the lawn or tailgate or whatever you want to do

I'm with you on the 2:30 effect.

2:30 games I'm always Oh man i have tim---- wait I almost have to leave at nearly the same time to go to the game?

I mean technically I don't but it doesn't feel like with a 2:30 game I gain any time.

Granted, I still like 2:30 as I can bring the kids.

You say that like it's a bad thing. ;)

Personally for 7 days a year, I don't mind spending pretty much the whole day with family and friends enjoying a Gopher football game. Plus even with a 2:30 start, I'm home by around 7:00 and can either enjoy a late game on TV or head out for the evening.

Personally for 7 days a year, I don't mind spending pretty much the whole day with family and friends enjoying a Gopher football game. Plus even with a 2:30 start, I'm home by around 7:00 and can either enjoy a late game on TV or head out for the evening.

You fail to consider the Renaissance Men among you who also need time to complete our sculptures, prepare for our Clausewitz seminars, and work out in preparation for our local mixed martial arts competitions.

I love that opening home Thursday game. I always take that day off work and Friday as well and enjoy the late summer weather knowing it will change in a few weeks.

Realizing that not everyone has paid time off at work, or flexibility but most do, and I have hard time using up all of my PTO hours every year, so why most bitch about these Thursday games, I do not know. Just take the damn day off work or at least take the afternoon off. Better yet, start at 6AM and leave around 2. Problem solved

I find the whining about the BTN basketball start times to be an example of this whining.

Apparently a 6PM start and and and 8PM start are the end of the world, but somehow the magical 7PM is just so great. Going to bed one hour late is going lead to what? Death? Explosive pooping? As far as 6PM starts, leaving a bit early to get to a game is going to change our lives for the worst? Get over it, and alter your plans a bit.

Solid!

You fail to consider the Renaissance Men among you who also need time to complete our sculptures, prepare for our Clausewitz seminars, and work out in preparation for our local mixed martial arts competitions.

LOL. Good point. I'm pretty one dimensional.

I'd feel better about start times if the 8 choice was because people work.... but that's not how they choose these times.

Whether or not accommodating my work schedule and tailgating is the reason for the game time decision is irrelevant to me. They could pick 8 for any reason they want, my work and tailgating schedule is the reason I like it.

I'm with you. It's a day for me unless the KO is at night. I too like 2:30 as I can spend time before and after on campus, and still be home at a decent time.

Whether or not accommodating my work schedule and tailgating is the reason for the game time decision is irrelevant to me. They could pick 8 for any reason they want, my work and tailgating schedule is the reason I like it.

I think it maters long term.

After B1G went all hockey start times were ... who the hell knows when, it wasn't for people attending that is for sure.

My only issue with the 8:00pm start is that the game won't be over until 11:15 or so and the tailgate lots close at midnight. We usually tailgate for at least an hour after the games, so this is going to cramp our style.

When I was in college and freshly graduated, I used to spend all day Saturday watching college football from Gameday until the end of the PAC-10 games and the all day Sunday watching the NFL. Eventually I just came to realize that I had other priorities in my life and I just couldn't spend 36 hours every weekend from Sep-Dec watching football. Maybe when I retire in 30 years I can go back to that, but I really value my weekend time now!

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was in college and freshly graduated, I used to spend all day Saturday watching college football from Gameday until the end of the PAC-10 games and the all day Sunday watching the NFL. Eventually I just came to realize that I had other priorities in my life and I just couldn't spend 36 hours every weekend from Sep-Dec watching football. Maybe when I retire in 30 years I can go back to that, but I really value my weekend time now!

But I'm not talking about "every weekend from Sep-Dec". Last year, it was 3 Saturdays where we had 2:30 home games and that is probably the most we will ever get in a single year.

It's posts like this when I wish there was a like button!!!!!

per the U:

Minnesota will host Georgia Southern at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 7, and that game will be on BTN.

Go Gophers!!

Do I have to buy a month of BTN to watch the Gopher/GSU game or can I go to the Official Minnesota site and buy a single game?

Do I have to buy a month of BTN to watch the Gopher/GSU game or can I go to the Official Minnesota site and buy a single game?

Minnesota hosts GSU Sept. 14. The Sept 7th date is a misprint.

But I'm not talking about "every weekend from Sep-Dec". Last year, it was 3 Saturdays where we had 2:30 home games and that is probably the most we will ever get in a single year.
Yeah, no I got it. Just illustrating that I don't have the appetite to make football an all day event anymore. You do you, man!

My only issue with the 8:00pm start is that the game won't be over until 11:15 or so and the tailgate lots close at midnight. We usually tailgate for at least an hour after the games, so this is going to cramp our style.

Meet you at the bar, beer on Zep. Easy solution. BWW/Stubs tent

Anyone actually attending the games who prefers an 11 AM kick is a selfish prick. That's the worst time for college football by far, one 11 AM kick per season is fine but that's it.

Exactly, people act like this **** consumes your entire fall but that is not the case. Take last season, among 7 home games we had:

*Thursday night kick 6 PM
*Friday night kick 7 PM
*Saturday kicks at 11, 2:30, 2:30, 2:30, and 6:30

Understandably, we all have schedules and family commitments etc. But if you're a serious season ticket holder living in metro and bitch about the above schedule, then I don't know what to tell you.

Are they strict about the 1hr thing?

Anyone actually attending the games who prefers an 11 AM kick is a selfish prick. That's the worst time for college football by far, one 11 AM kick per season is fine but that's it.

I do like it for other B1G teams though on the TV...

11 am is great.

They play The Game at 11am.

Top Bottom