Demry Croft healed and looking forward to a full season at Tennessee State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Leber:

The college football season is only three months away. This season will be the final one for former Boylan quarterback Demry Croft at Tennessee State. He's hoping to make it a good one to finish off a roller-coaster college career.

Croft set numerous passing records while at Boylan. His performance there was so impressive that 247sports had him ranked as the 18th best dual-threat quarterback in the nation coming off his senior year.

Croft committed to Minnesota. By his sophomore season he was starting. He had some big games. Against Michigan State he passed for three touchdowns. In a win against Nebraska he set a Minnesota record for a quarterback by rushing for 183 yards. But Croft and head coach P.J. Fleck had a falling-out. Croft transferred to Tennessee State.

Last year he won the starting job there, but four games in he injured his shoulder. He needed surgery and his season was over.

Croft says the shoulder is all good now. "Oh yea. Already good to go for the fall."

Croft was back in Rockford helping out this past weekend at the MercyHealth Top Performers football combine...looking relaxed and enjoying helping out the kids. But his thoughts will soon turn toward Tennessee State's upcoming season in the Ohio Valley Conference. His last chance to make a major impact at the college level.

"It's most definitely a big year. A big season for Big Blue," said Croft. "We've got a ton on our plate this season.'"

https://www.mystateline.com/sports/...o-a-full-season-at-tennessee-state/2035506115

Go Gophers!!

Another player to watch this fall to see how he does. Good luck to him as well.

I also hope he does well. I really don't think he was a good fit for this offense. Not sure if he would have been a good fit for Limegrover's offense or Johnson's offense or not. Regardless, it's unfortunate things didn't work out for him at the U.

I looked up his stats, and the interesting part is his pass/run ratio went up significantly. He had 38 rushes to 101 passing attempts, where as in 2017 in MN he had 79 rushes to 123 passing attempts. I would have expected more rushing, personally.

Just like Streveller, he'll always be one of those "what if" type guys.

When nobody is open and protection breaks down in < 2 seconds rushing numbers will increase. There’s some natural talent there but it wasn’t going to happen at MN and 2017 was a perfect storm of offensive ineptitude. Oil and water personality differences doesn’t help.

That was his problem at UM. Dosed too much.

I sometimes forget your hard stance on never saying anything bad about players ends the second they leave the U. Subjective values seem to be the new thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering one the main reasons he got the boot was his pot habit, you nailed it.

I think every one of your posts fits under one of the following 4 categories:
1. Posts about ignore lists
2. Posts about editing thread titles
3. Posts telling others they should never rip on players
4. Posts ripping on players

I think every one of your posts fits under one of the following 4 categories:
1. Posts about ignore lists
2. Posts about editing thread titles
3. Posts telling others they should never rip on players
4. Posts ripping on players

Don't forget Hiwayman's anger and frustration over mis-spellings of players and coaches.

Top Bottom