Does Minnesota have the most experienced backfield in the nation?

It will be interesting to see if opposing teams have more success stopping Green now that they’ve had an entire off-season to study the film. At the very least, opposing defenses have to dedicate practice time for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be very interesting.

I could be dead wrong on this, but I see Green in the wildcat as a simple proposition:

The big, athletic guy with the ball is going to be plowing ahead behind the big, athletic Gopher linemen. It's sheer brute force. Here we come; stop us if you can. I don't know if film study and extra practice time would be effective against it.

It will be very interesting.

I could be dead wrong on this, but I see Green in the wildcat as a simple proposition:

The big, athletic guy with the ball is going to be plowing ahead behind the big, athletic Gopher linemen. It's sheer brute force. Here we come; stop us if you can. I don't know if film study and extra practice time would be effective against it.

Agreed. And if the gopher coaches know what they are doing the "wrinkles" (aka pass attempts by green) will be different this season so there isn't really a way to prepare for them other than guessing whether he'll run or throw it.

It will be interesting to see if opposing teams have more success stopping Green now that they’ve had an entire off-season to study the film. At the very least, opposing defenses have to dedicate practice time for it.

Great Question. I kept expecting teams to have more success last season too as the year progressed, but even when they knew it was coming they just couldn’t stop SG17. Our offensive staff seems pretty talented and I’m guessing they will continue to stay ahead of defenses on this one. I hope so at least.

As mentioned, I look for Green to be in more and doing more than just plowing ahead. Gophs can use him as a decoy with different set looks where he moves in and out of the QB spot pre-snap to keep the defenses guessing.

I would put Tim Tebo as the best wildcat QB ever.

Green behind Faalele and Dunlap is a lot of meat to try to stop.

Top Bottom