Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West Central MN
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rowdaboat View Post
    He was 4-5 passing last year
    How many TDs?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grantland Rice wrote, "Eleven Nagurskis [on a team] ... would be something close to murder and massacre."


  2. #17

    Default

    Let's be honest, we got Faalele in the backfield as well...so we're stacked at runningback.

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Let's be honest, we got Faalele in the backfield as well...so we're stacked at runningback.
    You know Fleck is going to put him in...my wish would be at the end of the Sconnie game to go for two just after scoring TD to lead by 20.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    4,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    So what would you call the guy who has played on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down, has been under center and shot gun, has run and passed from multiple formations, and run and passed for touchdowns? Just curious.
    If you want to call him a set position that has been in football for many years, he fits more a running back than QB to me (and you are entitled to call him a QB, thatís totally fine). I just wouldnít lump him in as a QB as we all saw what happened the one time he did not throw the ball as a gimmick fake out of the usual green line fake run look (his one vertical pass of the year which was intercepted). I would more refer to him as a wildcat specialist and WR/split TE as thatís the only two places he lines up

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upnorthkid View Post
    If you want to call him a set position that has been in football for many years, he fits more a running back than QB to me (and you are entitled to call him a QB, that’s totally fine). I just wouldn’t lump him in as a QB as we all saw what happened the one time he did not throw the ball as a gimmick fake out of the usual green line fake run look (his one vertical pass of the year which was intercepted). I would more refer to him as a wildcat specialist and WR/split TE as that’s the only two places he lines up
    Correct, the person who takes the snap in a wildcat formation is not a QB just because they take the snap.
    Who hates iowa?

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icepirate13 View Post
    How many TDs?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Green had 2 TDs passing (in 5 passing attempts). He also added 8 TDs rushing.

    10 total TDs — which is remarkable for a part-time player, especially one playing a position (wildcat QB) that he had never played before. Those numbers don't take into account his rather unique ability to convert short yardage, 3rd and 4th downs. Nor do they speak to his versatility.

    Seth is a huge, HUGE asset to this team. You can call him a QB, or just say he's a really good football player if you prefer. Labels don't matter. Production does.
    Last edited by RememberMurray; 06-02-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    --------------

    "7 National Titles...

    ... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    Green had 2 TDs passing (in 5 passing attempts). He also added 8 TDs rushing.

    10 total TDs — which is remarkable for a part-time player, especially one playing a position (wildcat QB) that he had never played before. Those numbers don't take into account his rather unique ability to convert short yardage, 3rd and 4th downs. Nor do they speak to his versatility.

    Seth is a huge, HUGE asset to this team. You can call him a QB, or just say he's a really good football player if you prefer. Labels don't matter. Production does.
    It really changes the crowd's perception of a game when you've got an offense that can do stuff and guys like Green who when he gets out there everyone points it out and gets excited.


    So much fun.

  8. #23

    Default

    Honest question: Is Seth Green the most successful wildcat QB ever?

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Honest question: Is Seth Green the most successful wildcat QB ever?
    At the U of M?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Beaver Lodge in Lake Gopher
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Honest question: Is Seth Green the most successful wildcat QB ever?
    He is the second youngest wildcat QB in the nation and also the most experienced.

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    At the U of M?
    Iím not a wildcat QB expert. Anecdotally, Iíve always welcomed any opposing team setting up in wildcat formation, because Iíve seen it work about twice in 10,000 attempts. Until now.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    10,891

    Default

    Being a Kansas boy I wonder if Claeys envisioned Green as a bigger, stronger, faster version of Bill Snyder’s dual threat/wildcat QB Michael Bishop.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Honest question: Is Seth Green the most successful wildcat QB ever?
    Best wildcat QB ever?

    Or

    Bestest wildcat QB ever?

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    I’m not a wildcat QB expert. Anecdotally, I’ve always welcomed any opposing team setting up in wildcat formation, because I’ve seen it work about twice in 10,000 attempts. Until now.
    A lot of teams have dabbled with it and been successful...Urban Meyers teams and teams that Gus Malzahn has been associated with come to mind.

  15. #30

    Default

    It will be interesting to see if opposing teams have more success stopping Green now that theyíve had an entire off-season to study the film. At the very least, opposing defenses have to dedicate practice time for it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •