View Poll Results: What is Coffey going to do?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Return to Minnesota

35 40.23%
  • Stay in the draft

32 36.78%
  • Go play in Europe

20 22.99%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mnsportsgeek View Post
    Why does he need to come back to the NBA? Mbakwe is rolling in money and he has never come close to returning to the US.
    Because thats his ultimate goal.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Because thats his ultimate goal.
    Hopefully the advice he got is that that’s not happening this year or next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    It is $ in this case. Not $$$. If you get injured in anonymity playing for $ you might as well get injured in the limelight of college basketball and play for some glory.
    Plus his insurance policy at the U is north of six figures, should he get hurt

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm a little alarmed that he is projected to go as high as 46th, previously he was not on any mock draft board which made me feel safe about his return. However, it would seem foolish on his part to enter the draft knowing his max ceiling is the 46th pick. That would generally lead to a player returning for next season. How did he even get to a possible 46th pick? He wasn't invited to the combine, so he is somehow going to be rated higher than someone who was? I hope he realizes those projections are weak and makes his decision to return!

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBlood666 View Post
    I'm a little alarmed that he is projected to go as high as 46th, previously he was not on any mock draft board which made me feel safe about his return. However, it would seem foolish on his part to enter the draft knowing his max ceiling is the 46th pick. That would generally lead to a player returning for next season. How did he even get to a possible 46th pick? He wasn't invited to the combine, so he is somehow going to be rated higher than someone who was? I hope he realizes those projections are weak and makes his decision to return!
    That was only one site that predicted him 46th. The vast vast majority of sites predict he won’t be drafted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuller tweets that Amir was working out for the Sac Kings Today

Even more reason to return then. I have to believe that if he returns and has a full season like the latter part of this past season, his draft floor would at least be the end of the 2nd round. But if he was told he's already at his ceiling with current projections no matter what he does, there really would be no reason to return. Just depends if he listens to the noise right now or decides to bet on himself having an outstanding senior year.

He gone

Amir remaining in the draft.
    Last edited by Urbandale; 05-29-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUgopher32 View Post
    He gone
    Yep, bad decision

Blog Entries

Marcus just tweeted..... NBA bound

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Get the money when you can. Can’t fault the decision.

*popcorn.gif*

F word.

Good luck, Amir!

Best of luck to Amir, hope he gets drafted or worse case invited to a training camp where he can be an affiliated player. We become a bubble team now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk