View Poll Results: What is Coffey going to do?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Return to Minnesota

35 40.23%
  • Stay in the draft

32 36.78%
  • Go play in Europe

20 22.99%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Is Coffey coming back?

Today is the day! He eithers returns or goes on his merry way.

He has a workout with the Kings scheduled for today and will still have time to return after that is over. Personally, I'd be hesitant to make my decision based on the Kings scouting team so let's hope that's not the case.

Holding out for Amir's return, as I think it's the best thing for him!

My gut says he's gone. When do the overseas tryouts commence?

He wouldn’t just leave the draft to go to Europe. He’d stay in the draft and if undrafted could get tryouts in Europe. This poll should have two answers

STrib: Amir Coffey reaches decision day: Gophers or NBA?

Will Amir Coffey return to the Gophers for his senior season or officially turn pro with hopes of being picked in June’s NBA draft?

Coffey’s decision could heavily shape the expectations for Minnesota’s 2019-20 Big Ten season. The guard is expected to participate in a workout with the Sacramento Kings early Wednesday afternoon, but the deadline for non-seniors to remove their name from the draft is Wednesday at 10:59 p.m. (Central).

The 6-8 former Hopkins standout earned All-Big Ten honors and led the Gophers to the NCAA tournament second round in March. Coffey declared early for the draft in April to pursue his NBA dreams.

“It’s all about what’s best for Amir,” Gophers coach Richard Pitino said last week. “If he has an opportunity to change his life, we’ve got to support that.”

During a breakout junior season, Coffey averaged 16.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 3.2 assists. In his last eight games, Coffey took his game to an elite level with averages of 23.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.1 steals.

Coffey participated in the NBA G League Elite Camp earlier this month in Chicago. That didn’t lead to an NBA combine invite, but he has worked out with nearly a dozen NBA teams. The general feedback Coffey received from NBA personnel so far is he could go from the 45th pick to undrafted June 20.

If Coffey returns, the Gophers would have three starters back from a 22-win team, including sophomores-to-be Gabe Kalscheur and Daniel Oturu.

“Hopefully, he gets as much information as possible and makes a great decision,” Pitino said. “If he does come back, I really do believe it could be one of our best seasons since I’ve been here.”

http://www.startribune.com/amir-coff...nba/510525732/

Go Gophers!!

Logic says he should return (from all of the pre-draft rankings) but, as Minnesota fans (of all sports) we expect the wort to happen, so he'll probably end up staying in the draft, fail to get drafted, and end up playing in some lame outpost of the former Soviet Union ending in -stan.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Logic says he should return (from all of the pre-draft rankings) but, as Minnesota fans (of all sports) we expect the wort to happen, so he'll probably end up staying in the draft, fail to get drafted, and end up playing in some lame outpost of the former Soviet Union ending in -stan.
    I can think of no better outpost to play in than one ending in -stan.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    HA this is so spot on! Excellent post #MNSports

I’d like him to come back and make a run with this team next year, but if he leaves I’ll enjoy a bunch of grown adults losing their minds over a 21 year old.

Funny that we pay all this money to Rivals to subscribe and they cant tell us if he's staying?

What about the Gophers writers? They get paid big money but not a peep out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    I can think of no better outpost to play in than one ending in -stan.
    I call for an immediate end to any comments that are considered derogatory towards -stan.
    "Is this Moron #1? Put Moron #2 on the phone."

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    I call for an immediate end to any comments that are considered derogatory towards -stan.
    Thank you! And I now take back everything negative I said about Tubby as it relates to the Gophers' mid 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride View Post
    Funny that we pay all this money to Rivals to subscribe and they cant tell us if he's staying?

What about the Gophers writers? They get paid big money but not a peep out of them.
    All Minnesota sports writers are writing their "I Knew the Twins couldn't sustain this success all along!" pieces.

He Gone!
    Yes, I did win the Gopherhole 2016 Bracket Challenge - Yes, it was a total fluke.
    Kaler & Coyle are scum and should be sent packing!

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    All Minnesota sports writers are writing their "I Knew the Twins couldn't sustain this success all along!" pieces.
    It's like when they write obituaries ahead of time.