Report: Gophers will travel to Butler for Gavitt Tipoff Games

DanielHouse

Reaction score
The Gophers will travel to Butler for a matchup with the Bulldogs during the Gavitt Tipoff Games, according to Jon Rothstein.

Butler finished last season 16-17 overall, including a 7-11 record in the Big-East. It was the first time in 29 years they finished last in conference play. The program has struggled to maintain its consistency under head coach LaVall Jordan.

The 2018-19 season was just the fourth time since 1997 that Butler didn’t qualify for a postseason tournament. Senior Paul Jorgenson, the team’s second-leading scorer, was the lone senior on last year’s roster, so the Bulldogs return a large portion of their squad. Top-scorer Kamar Baldwin is the team’s best player and ball-handler. He led Butler, averaging 17 points and 3.1 assists per game. The Bulldogs’ entire front-court also returns, including 6-foot-7 forward Jordan Tucker. They also put together the fifth-best incoming recruiting class in the Big-East, including four-star New Jersey guard Khalif Battle.

The non-conference schedule is starting to take shape for the Gophers. Minnesota recently announced they will travel to the Sanford Pentagon in South Dakota for a non-conference clash with Oklahoma on Nov. 9. The Sooners also had an up-and-down 2018-19 season, finishing 7-11 in the Big 12 and 20-14 overall. Leading scorer Christian James graduated, but 6-foot-9 junior Brady Manek was a force in the post last season. He was the team’s second-leading scorer, averaging 12.2 points and 5.9 rebounds per game. Oklahoma also has the fourth-best incoming recruiting class in the Big-12, including four-star Texas point guard De’Vion Harmon.

Last edited:

I have to make this happen.

I just visited the Palestra, now I need to check this off the bucket list. Even better with a live game, even better that its the gophers.

When will they reward ticket holders by having some of these games in Williams Arena?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just visited the Palestra, now I need to check this off the bucket list. Even better with a live game, even better that its the gophers.

When will Coffey make a decision.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need to drive down for this one, I’ve always wanted to see a game at Hinkle. Does anybody have information on a date (precise or estimated) yet?

I need to drive down for this one, I’ve always wanted to see a game at Hinkle. Does anybody have information on a date (precise or estimated) yet?

Date should be anywhere from Nov. 11-15, first full week of the season.

If it works in the calendar (i.e. mid week in late November early December, it would be great to get to a game in Hinkle.

Would be fun to get down there for a few days. Indy is worth a visit and the game should be good. Plus Hinkle.

Could swing over to Iowa City for the Gopher football game that following weekend as well, if you really hate work and love Gopher sports.

I feel like I will be able to make the commute for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it works in the calendar (i.e. mid week in late November early December, it would be great to get to a game in Hinkle.

A much better basketball venue than the one I sat with you at the last time these schools played (Anaheim Convention Center/Nov 2009). We did have great seats though, it was a fun tourney and the weather was much more pleasant.

A much better basketball venue than the one I sat with you at the last time these schools played (Anaheim Convention Center/Nov 2009). We did have great seats though, it was a fun tourney and the weather was much more pleasant.

Was at that game also. Was a huge win for the Gophers. Rest of the tournament didn't go as well.

Would be fun to get down there for a few days. Indy is worth a visit and the game should be good. Plus Hinkle.

Could swing over to Iowa City for the Gopher football game that following weekend as well, if you really hate work and love Gopher sports.
Will Jimmy Chitwood be there? [emoji41]

Hynkel...[emoji16]
https://youtu.be/lI0TFWJy1Ns

Top Bottom