Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Conservatives very susceptible to believing fake information

The fake viral videos circulating among RW media, Facebook, tweeted by the President of the United States of America, his personal attorney, and even FOX News itself gives us a chance to evaluate just how susceptible Conservatives are to believing fake information. As a note, it is not just Conservatives who believe fake information. The left-most of the left is also susceptible - unsurprisingly, those who assume radical political ideology are most susceptible. That said, the elderly and "conservatives" are far more predisposed to readily believe fake information.

A fake viral video makes Nancy Pelosi look drunk. Facebook won’t take it down.
    https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/5/24...facebook-trump

And research suggests that the types of people who might be more inclined to watch that altered Pelosi video could also be the ones likelier to believe it. A recent study from researchers at Princeton and New York University found that conservatives and people over the age of 65 were disproportionately likely to share articles from fake news domains during the last presidential election. Eighteen percent of Republicans shared fake news, compared to under 4 percent of Democrats. Regardless of ideology, Facebook users 65 and older shared almost seven times as many fake news articles as younger users.

As we enter the age where not only are videos commonly edited to take statements out of context for political reasons, we now enter the age where "deepfake" videos begin to rise. For comic example:

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/...facebook-trump

If it's on the internet, or if it's in a chain email, then it must be true, right Baby Boomers?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ublicans-trump

Fake news very likely won Donald Trump the 2016 election; not that "conservatives" care that they were duped:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0b9d2a79d018

Here's an app that can help you decipher real from fake information:
    https://github.com/anantdgoel/ProjectFib
    Last edited by cncmin; 05-25-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Vox is fake information. There are a mountain of things you believe are true that are fake, cnc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Vox is fake information. There are a mountain of things you believe are true that are fake, cnc.

Unfortunately, you are one of those to whom this thread is dedicated.

And not that you'll ever read this, but you should:

Far-right Facebook groups 'spreading hate to millions in Europe'
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp

Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    Unfortunately, you are one of those to whom this thread is dedicated.

And not that you'll ever read this, but you should:

Far-right Facebook groups 'spreading hate to millions in Europe'
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp
    I get 0% of my news from Facebook. You get your news from Vox and MSN. You’re the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I get 0% of my news from Facebook. You get your news from Vox and MSN. You’re the problem.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fak...trump-doctored

Yeah, no liberals were hoodwinked by any fake news stories in the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    Yeah, no liberals were hoodwinked by any fake news stories in the last couple of years.
    Hooked another, case strong in point. Some of you dudes are hilarious. From the opening post of the thread, second sentence, unedited quote: " As a note, it is not just Conservatives who believe fake information. The left-most of the left is also susceptible - unsurprisingly, those who assume radical political ideology are most susceptible. That said, the elderly and "conservatives" are far more predisposed to readily believe fake information. "

Again, you wonder why you are susceptible to fake information, Bob? Because you only see what you want to see, and you disregard the rest. Something confirms your preconceived notion, and you tune out every bit of contrary information, even if it's as easy as just reading the second sentence of an opening paragraph. This is an especially strong trait in people with radical political bents, such as yourself.
    Last edited by cncmin; 05-25-2019 at 01:02 PM.

The "left" seems to be extremely susceptible to being fooled by this kind of media:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sh...cid=spartandhp

Again, confirmation bias leads to quick, false judgments, even when contrary information is readily available.

The media has a bottom line, just like any other business. Peddling nonsense doesn’t shock me. Anybody whose not taking in information with a grain of salt hasn’t gone through puberty.

Blog Entries

Truly ironic since his father, is the only bigger perpetrator of fakenews than cnc himself.
    Kingdom Warriors

Hooked another, case strong in point. Some of you dudes are hilarious. From the opening post of the thread, second sentence, unedited quote: " As a note, it is not just Conservatives who believe fake information. The left-most of the left is also susceptible - unsurprisingly, those who assume radical political ideology are most susceptible. That said, the elderly and "conservatives" are far more predisposed to readily believe fake information. "

Again, you wonder why you are susceptible to fake information, Bob? Because you only see what you want to see, and you disregard the rest. Something confirms your preconceived notion, and you tune out every bit of contrary information, even if it's as easy as just reading the second sentence of an opening paragraph. This is an especially strong trait in people with radical political bents, such as yourself.
    I’m curious, can you name a single news/information item that is fake that I believe which fits this narrative you’re trying to build?
    You’re throwing out accusations that every one of your political enemies is a naive rube, but so far based on just weak generalizations.

You didn't really hook anyone. Look at your post and the name of the thread!

Yes, you typed a small sentence about it being liberals too.

However, you're missing my point.

You have a posting that links Buzzfeed, Vox, and the Washington Post about how Conservatives believe Fake News because some idiots forwarded crap they found on Facebook. You make the post in the midst of our current political and media climate. We have heard NOTHING but nonsense from the media for years and liberals are lapping it up.

I did not vote for Trump. I might not vote for him in 2020. I voted for Obama the first time. I left the DNC because I was horrified by the intellectual and logical illiteracy mixed with propaganda. I left the DNC because of Obama's presidency. It opened the door to the lunacy we are seeing now.

So, please don't pretend your initial post wasn't hypocritical because of that one sentence.

Blog Entries

Says the bastian of reason. Reporting your own fake news... 1 or 2 out of hundred posts being accurate and precise by you is not a proud accomplishment, Bot, I mean Bob.
    You can call me Shirley. The "S" has to stand for something!

Blog Entries

You didn't really hook anyone. Look at your post and the name of the thread!

Yes, you typed a small sentence about it being liberals too.

However, you're missing my point.

You have a posting that links Buzzfeed, Vox, and the Washington Post about how Conservatives believe Fake News because some idiots forwarded crap they found on Facebook. You make the post in the midst of our current political and media climate. We have heard NOTHING but nonsense from the media for years and liberals are lapping it up.

I did not vote for Trump. I might not vote for him in 2020. I voted for Obama the first time. I left the DNC because I was horrified by the intellectual and logical illiteracy mixed with propaganda. I left the DNC because of Obama's presidency. It opened the door to the lunacy we are seeing now.

So, please don't pretend your initial post wasn't hypocritical because of that one sentence.
    If the DNC means anything to the public at large, it would be worth noting your bewilderment on their operations and their failings. But, as the American people have long since established their apathy towards any political party, it becomes obvious that both parties have failed the public. This isn't news. Participation in political parties is at an all time low. And, you, Bot, are part of the problem. If you were well respected within the party, you would have stayed in and helped fix the problem. But, by your own admission, you left it because of Obama. Reall? You left because of Obama and you tie Obama with the current President's problems?

I call bull **** on this one Bot. It is not a credible story. It doesn't mesh with the reality on the ground. The problem with DJT is DJT. And, no amount of spin can take away his constant self adulation as being the greatest person of all time. He says it daily. And, it is a pathological lie repeated by his entire administration. Take the recent veteran suicide rate. Trump's line is it is down under his administration. Same day the administration reports to Congress that it is the highest in 17 years. Can't make this up. Then fools on the board repeat the Don's claim. Can't make that up.

Logical illiteracy. C'mon. The DNC and RNC have been the bastions of propaganda for the last 4 decades and more. And, anybody who set out to work for them and actually think it could be a logical place to work is delusional.

When Tim Pawlenty went and interned for Senator Durenberger and came back with tales of golf at the national course, that is how things operate in D.C. Policy is done by the hired lobbyists and the DNC and RNC live in a fantasy world, where fiction rises above reason. Or, should I have said 'fixtion', that is spin.

You may have told yourself that you should leave the DNC because of policy differences and such. But, I dare say it was probably not your real reason for leaving the DNC.

According to the Devil's Dictionary, a Partisan: an adherent without sense.
    You can call me Shirley. The "S" has to stand for something!

Blog Entries