Fleck, who switched jobs 2 yrs after extension, thinks society has commitment problem

There is middle ground between hating PJ and thinking he is infallible.

Crusade has been going on for two years now, you'd think he'd stop eventually.

I’ll make you a deal... If PJ stops lying, spewing nonsense, and being a hypocrite - I’ll stop pointing it out to those afraid to look.

Good luck getting the life-size PJ cutout in the auction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll make you a deal... If PJ stops lying, spewing nonsense, and being a hypocrite - I’ll stop pointing it out to those afraid to look.

Keep up the good fight.

In the end justice will prevail.

Do what you gotta do but don't get all self righteous and act like this is because you care about the truth or what a coach says. You didn't go after Kill every time he did the same stuff in his awe shucks southern drawl.

Do what you gotta do but don't get all self righteous and act like this is because you care about the truth or what a coach says. You didn't go after Kill every time he did the same stuff in his awe shucks southern drawl.

Not a lot of similarities between Kill and PJ when it comes to style or personality. More justifications is all your response says to me - reasons that these things “shouldn’t matter”, am I right? Who cares? Others do it. What he really meant was. Simple mistake. Coach speak. Doesn’t matter. Better than Claeys. Hater. Not a real fan. Etc., Etc., Etc.

I’ve been reading the book “Honorable Exit” detailing the many individual and illegal efforts to evacuate at-risk Vietnamese at the end of the Vietnam War. The official policy was to let them burn. A shameful end to a difficult episode. It made me think about commitment, honor, individual sacrifice. Claeys, Sherels, Sawvel were committed to their players and took a tough stand. I’m not sure all coaches are wired like that.

:rolleyes:
I’ve been reading the book “Honorable Exit” detailing the many individual and illegal efforts to evacuate at-risk Vietnamese at the end of the Vietnam War. The official policy was to let them burn. A shameful end to a difficult episode. It made me think about commitment, honor, individual sacrifice. Claeys, Sherels, Sawvel were committed to their players and took a tough stand. I’m not sure all coaches are wired like that.

JHC! Only a self-righteous egotist like you would make an analogy between the awful things that happened in that war and a college football coach pontificating about high school kids. I'll bet you thought deeply if you came up with that.

i don't really remember, because i have put all this behind me. but didn't the guy just hit send on a tweet?

Fleck's comment was more parallel to the Kingsbury coaching move in my opinion. Took a job and then left before actually doing any coaching at all. John Wooden committed to UCLA even though his offer from Minnesota was delayed he stuck to his decision.

The Kingsbury and Wooden scenarios are polar opposites of what has become of our society.

I noticed the life size cut out of PJ was only five feet tall

JHC! Only a self-righteous egotist like you would make an analogy between the awful things that happened in that war and a college football coach pontificating about high school kids. I'll bet you thought deeply if you came up with that.

I wasn’t talking about PJ...but as usual any perceived slight against him is overreacted to. While reading an entertaining and provoking book I was prompted to comment on the concept of commitment and people historically - and closer to the football program - that have gone against the grain, against conventional wisdom, against the crowd particularly at personal risk.

If you want to circle it around to PJ I can recall an instance where he went against expectations and flat out refused to give details of his internal discipline prior to the bowl game last year. A minor and inconsequential battle for an inconsequential (but entertaining) sport but it didn’t win him friends in the media and some in the fan base didn’t appreciate it. I was happy and impressed he didn’t acquiesce and said so at the time.

I can’t think of anything the AD has done that’s impressed me.

There wasn't an analogy drawn at all in that statement. Getting mad is bad enough, but doing so because of poor reading comprehension and reasoning skills is a little embarrassing.

Top Bottom