NBA scout on Murphy's pro day yesterday: "Big, strong body, played hard."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I imagine he will get invited to a summer league team. Hopefully he can get to a training camp from there

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Very nice girl, just a really great personality...comes to mind with that quote. :rolleyes:

The best comparison I've heard for Murphy is PJ Tucker.. 6'6 PF who didn't really develop a 3-point shot until the last few seasons... Tucker has been vital for the Rockets, and with the Wolves new GM coming from Houston, I wonder if he will see the resemblance between Tucker and Murphy as well

The best comparison I've heard for Murphy is PJ Tucker.. 6'6 PF who didn't really develop a 3-point shot until the last few seasons... Tucker has been vital for the Rockets, and with the Wolves new GM coming from Houston, I wonder if he will see the resemblance between Tucker and Murphy as well

PJ Tucker is considered an elite defender...one of the few people who has a chance to slow Kevin Durant a bit. Tell me you see Murphy as elite perimeter defender? I agree he can learn to make threes...he has a pretty good head start on that, but defense is an issue. imo

Do you see Murph in the NBA ? I do not but i do not follow that league at all.

Do you see Murph in the NBA ? I do not but i do not follow that league at all.

I follow the NBA more than college now and personally I can't really see his game fitting into the modern NBA. As an undersized SF you have to be an elite perimeter defender - PJ Tucker is one example, another would be Draymond Green playing Center at 6'5. Perimeter shooting is also something Murphy struggles with, which can be developed but would take some time.

I think that best case he plays in the G-league/Europe and develops a 3-point jumper and then makes a late entry into the NBA

He certainly doesn’t fit the mold for an NBA big. Unless he can rebound like Dennis Rodman, I can’t see him making a roster.

If that small pg from penn state, Frazier, can be the 12th man on the bucks anything is possible for Murphy

Top Bottom