Disturbing details in Kellen Winslow Jr's rape trial

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Yahoo:

At times, she struggled to speak. At times, she struggled to breathe. Across a day of testimony here just outside San Diego, she refused, as best she could, from even glancing over in the direction of the man she said violently raped her on the side of a dark, North County road just over a year ago.

“I really don’t want to look at him,” the women identified in court as Jane Doe No. 2 said here Wednesday in what was her typical halting, emotional speech. “I really don’t appreciate it.”

“Don’t appreciate what?” defense attorney Marc Carlos asked.

“That I have to look at my rapist,” she said. “I think he should be [seated] further over.”

The “he” in question is Kellen Winslow II, a former NFL star and the namesake son of a locally beloved former Chargers star. Winslow is on trial for a slew of charges, including raping Doe No. 2, a 59-year-old homeless woman who resided, most nights, behind the train tracks in downtown Encinitas.

“I’d sleep against the wall, that’s so the sheriffs couldn’t see me,” she noted.

Exactly how Winslow, a married, 35-year-old who made some $40 million playing pro football, became, at the very least, “acquaintances” with someone like Doe is a question unto itself.

That he faces life in prison for allegedly raping her, as well as a 55-year-old transient and, back in 2003, an unconscious 17-year-old, has captured the attention of Southern California. He is also charged with five misdemeanor counts stemming from exposing himself to two elderly women, one his neighbor, another who he allegedly encountered in a health club hot tub.

That’s how these two, who resided at the opposite spectrums of San Diego society, wound up in the same courtroom.

One was rich and renowned, the other destitute and discounted.

Despite the reality of her existence, it was Doe No. 2, a slight woman with graying blonde hair, who had control of the trial as she told a harrowing tale of being attacked by Winslow.

It was the powerless pointing a finger, if not her eyes, at the powerful.

The two knew each other, she said, because Winslow often rolled through downtown Encinitas in his black Hummer 2 and talked to homeless and transient women. On their first encounter, she said, he gave her a ride after he discovered her pulling her belongings en route to a shelter. He called himself “Kevin,” she said. He usually offered her food or some cash, usually $25. Once he asked if she’d exchange sex for 50 bucks, but Doe said she declined.

“I am not that type of person,“ she testified.

Then on Mother’s Day 2018, she said he pulled up again, this time to the transit station where she often hung out with other homeless friends.

She walked over to speak with him because, other than the prostitution proposition, he’d always been nice. He asked if she wanted to go get dinner. She suggested coffee. He agreed. She climbed in, bringing all her belongings in crude grocery store bags but forgetting her cell phone, which she’d lent to a friend.

As they drove, she began to get concerned that they were headed in a direction where there were no coffee shops. Then the road, Manchester Avenue, grew dark in the vicinity of the San Elijo Lagoon. That’s when he pulled over, shut the car off, got out and began walking around to the passenger side.

Terrified, she said she locked the door only to have him unlock it with his key fob.

“He like held me, grabbed my arm,” she testified, slowly. “He said, ‘We’re going to have sex.’ I said, ‘Please don’t do this.’ I said it like four times. He said, ‘It’s a done deal.’”

What followed was a forceful and painful attack, Doe left with what she believed was no way out against the 6-foot-5, 240-pound former tight end.

“I was afraid of him,” she said. “He was a super big guy.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/kellen-win...2-refuses-to-look-at-my-rapist-231349176.html

Wow, that is just all around strange. Generally skeptical of these stories but this one rings true.

That's all sorts of f**ked up. Lock that creep up.

prison will be an excellent place for his behavior. All that stroking the post will be popular with his new lovers.

Top Bottom