Shooter: If Kill had remained in MN, good bet he would have landed a T Denny donation

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Ex-Gophers football coach Jerry Kill, now athletics director at Southern Illinois, has procured the largest corporate sponsorship contract — a $10 millioon arena naming rights deal — in the school’s 150-year history. Had Kill remained at Minnesota, it’s a good bet the Gophers would have landed a major contribution from billionaire alumnus T. Denny Sanford.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/05/18/charley-walters-rocco-baldelli-says-his-twins-deserve-an-a/

Go Gophers!!

But what would have happened if Mason was retained?

per Shooter:

Ex-Gophers football coach Jerry Kill, now athletics director at Southern Illinois, has procured the largest corporate sponsorship contract — a $10 millioon arena naming rights deal — in the school’s 150-year history. Had Kill remained at Minnesota, it’s a good bet the Gophers would have landed a major contribution from billionaire alumnus T. Denny Sanford.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/05/18/charley-walters-rocco-baldelli-says-his-twins-deserve-an-a/

Go Gophers!!

Shame Kill couldn't secure that donation in the years he was here before he stepped down. Assume the implication Shooter is going for is that the U should have given Kill whatever he wanted in order to keep him on staff in some capacity.

Not sure how Shooter can be so sure Jerry would have been able to get T Denny to fork over a ton of cash. Also not really sure where the 10 million figure is coming from since all the stories I can find on it say it is a 4 Million dollar naming rights deal.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/illinois/articles/2019-05-18/siu-arena-renamed-in-4m-corporate-naming-rights-deal

If Shooter had ever worked at becoming a reporter, instead of just making **** up, he might have won a Pulitzer.

Probably not, though.

JTG

Because he got a donation there... he would have here?

Not sure we would make the same deal as Georgia southern.

Shame Kill couldn't secure that donation in the years he was here before he stepped down. Assume the implication Shooter is going for is that the U should have given Kill whatever he wanted in order to keep him on staff in some capacity.

Not sure how Shooter can be so sure Jerry would have been able to get T Denny to fork over a ton of cash. Also not really sure where the 10 million figure is coming from since all the stories I can find on it say it is a 4 Million dollar naming rights deal.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/illinois/articles/2019-05-18/siu-arena-renamed-in-4m-corporate-naming-rights-deal
I doubt this and we'll never know. IIRC, Sanford declined a large donation because the U wouldn't rename or sell the Hospital to him....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So some old guy former coach, MIGHT have gotten a donation from some other old guy. Shooter needs to stop stealing Shama's stories.

I appreciate the job Jerry Kill & his staff did while they were here......

I like and am excited with our current situation.

If Shooter had ever worked at becoming a reporter, instead of just making **** up, he might have won a Pulitzer.

Probably not, though.

JTG

Going to be a huge void in the quick notes guys when Sid is finally done. Shooter and Shama are just garbage most of the time. Sid gets plenty of flack but he puts those guys to shame.

This is just embarrassing and asinine speculation. Sanford hates the idea of donating to the U because of business reasons. Jerry wasn’t going to change that (and didn’t the entire time he was here). Good try Shooter

His "little birdie" must have crashed his head into the US Bank Stadium windows too many times.

This is just embarrassing and asinine speculation. Sanford hates the idea of donating to the U because of business reasons. Jerry wasn’t going to change that (and didn’t the entire time he was here). Good try Shooter

Aside from the business ordeal, it was about to happen until Denny was embarrassed by a notable high profile fundraiser the U used for a time. This is why this person no longer is fundraising on campus. This would not have changed the events that occurred.

Aside from the business ordeal, it was about to happen until Denny was embarrassed by a notable high profile fundraiser the U used for a time. This is why this person no longer is fundraising on campus. This would not have changed the events that occurred.

Denny isn't down with the Mega Tongue!?!?!?

Hmm, not only a flinty but thin-skinned debt peddler. There are no U alumni that produce cheap shoes in Vietnamese sweatshops and simultaneously advertise polarizing social justice memes?

If Kill had remained in MN, good bet bookstore would be selling Jerrysota shirts.

Gotta love these articles that are hand-wringing about attendance numbers, former coaches, and donation dollars. Anything but the actual sports, right Shooter/Shama?

per Shooter:

Go Gophers!!

If she had a chance to get to know me, good bet I would have married Kate Upton.

per Shooter:

Go Gophers!!

I think this only happen is due to the fact that Sanford wanted to stick it to the Gophers in some way. It is a shame that something couldn't have worked out with Sandford here in Minnesota. Sandford likes his name everywhere and gets a kick out of it. We just couldn't accommodate his demands unfortunately.

Powerful stuff here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt this and we'll never know. IIRC, Sanford declined a large donation because the U wouldn't rename or sell the Hospital to him....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quite positive Kill was a very small part of landing any deal and it was agree it was the failed hospital deal that turned away the donation.

Quite positive Kill was a very small part of landing any deal and it was agree it was the failed hospital deal that turned away the donation.

And when Denny’s girlfriend left him after she found out he was still married.

Well considering that was Norwood's job not Kills it would have been impressive

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Such crap. He can still donate, it is up to him.

I'm hoping that he'll come around. I would think it is eating him up a bit that he isn't part of the new era (new facilities, new coaches etc.).

Probably not, though.

JTG

Love it!

I'm hoping that he'll come around. <b>I would think it is eating him up a bit that he isn't part of the new era (new facilities, new coaches etc.).</b>

What makes you think so?
I bet he is doing just fine.

Top Bottom